Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shane Long - 'Trap took Ireland to the next level'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So much hate and bitterness. I hope O'Neill or whatever beaten English League docket we get proves ye right lads, I really do.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So much hate and bitterness. I hope O'Neill or whatever beaten English League docket we get proves ye right lads, I really do.

O'Neill is a poor mans Trappatoni tbh. Downgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

rarnes1 wrote: »
    From not qualifying to qualifying = new level. You seem to have a hard time grasping this.

Long said trap took Irish football not the Irish senior side to a new level. You seem to have trouble grasping this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Long said trap took Irish football not the Irish senior side to a new level. You seem to have trouble grasping this.

He was just making sure he came in under the twitter character limit...

Let it go kid, let it go..

only1stevo wrote: »

Like pulling teeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He took us to to a level above for his first two qualifying campaigns when the players believed in his system and we had some decent,experienced players available,and accordingly we looked very organised during those two campaigns.

The performance at the Euro's obviously knocked that belief out of the squad,and that alongside our most influential players getting older and some retiring, has resulted in this qualifying campaign being very poor.

So Long is right in what he said,and I'd take his word over some of the Paul Hyland/Eamon Dunphy level ''Trap killed Irish football'' type hyperbole that has been spewed by a fair amount of posters on here,including the OP.

Spot on.

Irish issues are a car crash here. Far worse than a Liverpool/man U match. All sorts of rubbish posted.

In short ... we were horrifically negative but ultimately got good results for two campaigns. In the end the Euros were a disaster and we were shown to be a poor team with outdated tactics. Trap's Ireland never recovered from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

only1stevo wrote: »

Was just waiting for you to thank me for teaching you a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Shane Long seems to be taking the Kevin Doyle route to mediocrity. His attitude and efforts on the pitch for the past two games was very poor.
    Both of them made their name by working their backsides off as unfortunately they aren't blessed with Robbies puzzling ability to score when he is the worst player on the pitch.
    Yet both seem to have gotten to a point in their career that they think working their ass off is below them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Long just seems low on confidence atm,still thought he worked like his usual self.

Doyle hasn't played in months for Ireland,mainly because he's playing 3rd division football due to no other club being willing to match his current wages at Wolves,so don't get the criticism of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

He said this on his Twitter.Deluded or what.

It just goes to show how out of touch that some of these players can be with the rest of the people.

This is the most ridiculous comment I have ever heard on the internet.
    Long out of touch with the people?? Long is part of the team...he knows more about the set up than anyone else for gods sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

That boy isn't too bright. Trap has left us in a bad way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He said this on his Twitter.Deluded or what.

It just goes to show how out of touch that some of these players can be with the rest of the people.

yes the footballer is deluded.........

Advertisement