Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can put UK SIM into any SIM-free phone?

Options
  • 11-09-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

I have a Vodafone UK contract that I got with my phone some years ago.

The phone's starting to fall apart, but I want to keep the UK phone number if the phone completely stops working.

So if buy a "SIM-free" mobile here in Ireland, and move my UK SIM card into the new phone, would it just work straight away with my UK number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes, you can put any sim card into a sim free phone, be it an irish one or a UK one. You may have to get some settings for the internet features to work correctly but that's easily sorted, and a lot of phones will do it automatically.

For your own info, the networks locks are different in the UK and ROI, so if you try put an irish network X sim into the same network in the UK it wont work.

Advertisement