Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cadbury Eclairs flavours

Options
  • 11-09-2013 5:42pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried these?

cadbury-eclairs-orange-twist.png

0001431_470-Cadbury-Eclairs-Hazelnut-Twist-.png

I was really excited about the hazelnut ones, but they actually tasted like fake hazelnut syrup that cafés put in coffees. I'm kind of afraid to try the orange ones now. Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Ooooh, interesting!

I had not seen these. Love a terry's choc orange. Would these be similar I wonder.

Pity to hear the hazlenut ones weren't great. Fake flavours ruin everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Loved the Orange ones but Im a tight git so the minute they go off special offer at the end of the aisles in Tesco and they whack them up to some stupid price Im straight back to Aldi/Lidl for my fix, very nice though, tore through a bag watching the new Star Trek the other night and still wanted more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've always loved Eclairs; perfect sweet, chewy but not rock hard, sweet, caramelly, chocolatey..love them.

They remind me of my Nan cos she always bought the small roll packs :)

Anyway, delighted to hear they've introduced some new flavours-I reckon Eclairs were kinda forgotten about over the years.

Disappointed to hear the hazelnut tastes false, Faith, because hazelnut would have worked so well with the chocolate.

I love orange flavoured chocolate, so I'll pick some of these up during the week if I can find them and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Hazelnut and Regular Eclairs are half price in Tesco at moment (€1.24 and €1.17 respectively - 180 g both)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Saw that, Ive gone off them now though, there is an artificial/chemical taste to the orange and nut flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I got a bag of the orange ones today. I can't really taste the orange, they're just like normal Eclairs to me, but I'm happy cos I love 'em.
    Oh and I picked these up in Tesco on offer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I always loved Eclairs, and I LOVE the orange ones! I devour a bag way too quickly! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya I had a taster of them few months back when they were promoting them they nice. I liked the hazelnut one.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Orange ones are daycent. Have scoffed a few bags of them.

Advertisement