Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bar/Club Lesson Street - House

Options
  • 11-09-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been to this new place?

It looks impressive from the photos, large outside heated garden and lots of retro rooms. looks a bit like Lost Society in Clapham.

Anyone made it there yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

liffeylite wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has been to this new place?

It looks impressive from the photos, large outside heated garden and lots of retro rooms. looks a bit like Lost Society in Clapham.

Anyone made it there yet?

But where exactly on leeson st?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I think its where Kobra used to be. lower leeson street. same side as the sugar club.

There are statues of 2 dogs at the front door.

I think its where Kobra used to be. lower leeson street. same side as the sugar club.

There are statues of 2 dogs at the front door.

Is that not sugar club? With the 2 dogs outside??

no, its further down towards the canal from the Sugar club.

I have found a review of it here..

picture of the dogs included :D

http://kateskabin.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/house-leeson-street/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

keano2012 wrote: »
    Is that not sugar club? With the 2 dogs outside??

It's not the sugar club.
    House is about half way along Leeson Street, on the same side as The Sugar Club.
    Think this is it. I haven't been in. I pass it every day - doesn't look like the kind of place I'd frequent. I'm more of a low key pub kinda guy :)

• Advertisement

It's not the sugar club.
    House is about half way along Leeson Street, on the same side as The Sugar Club.
    Think this is it. I haven't been in. I pass it every day - doesn't look like the kind of place I'd frequent. I'm more of a low key pub kinda guy :)

Is Dorans on the green still open do you know? where mulligans used to be at the Stephens green end of the Street.

ah sorry....just realised it is 2 bears (i think)....big white ones outside the sugar club! thought thats what you were talking about! this places looks coll tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Glad to see venues with a personal touch like this, opening in Dublin.

Makes a very welcome change from the cheesy strip led lighting and white furniture themed places, that have become all too common in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Is Dorans on the green still open do you know? where mulligans used to be at the Stephens green end of the Street.

Has looked closed every time I've gone past it for the last month or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Private members place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

As far as I know it's run by the same people behind The Residence, but it's not a private members club. Not that Residence is really that private, they had to purchase a public licence, so anyone can go into the bar.
    You can reserve areas in House for private functions though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Speedsie wrote: »
    As far as I know it's run by the same people behind The Residence, but it's not a private members club. Not that Residence is really that private, they had to purchase a public licence, so anyone can go into the bar.
    You can reserve areas in House for private functions though.

In other words it's overpriced and pretentious..

chopper6 wrote: »
    In other words it's overpriced and pretentious..

and for that reason I am out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KATE0000

Hi all - I actually wrote that blog, just came across this post through my wordpress account.

It was only open a week when I visited so it was pretty quiet early on in the day but filled up nicely then. The staff were really friendly and it wasn't pretentious at all that night. Since then I have seen a few Irish "celebs" have been going which usually happens with the newest place in town so it may be a little more pretentious now that word has got out about it but I can only speak about my visit and it was fab, very relaxed - we really enjoyed it!

Went in last night,nice place.Alot of the Dublin social set,Celtic Tiger party boys and a few trophy wives alright.Saw you man Robbie Fox who runs alot of pubs floating round.A pint of Tiger was 5.30,vodka4.90 dash of cranberry 1.50

Went there last night,nice place but the crowd was is say alot of the Dublin social set and Celtic Tiger developers and a few dolly bird wifes who still think its 2006.Pint of Tiger was 5.30 and a vodka 4.90,dash of cranberry 1.50.saw your man that runs/owns alot of pubs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

went last friday, interior od bar 37 but more space with the crowd on black door/Kyrstal but alot older.

Very strict door policy

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Its the same guys who have 37 Dawson St actually, I assume they are different to Residence?

Went for a pint of franciscan well red beer the last night. Very nice decor and chilled out vibe. As a smoker and avid Gin drinker I was also impressed with both the smoking area and their selection of Gins. (Well over 30 as far as I remember.)

Advertisement