Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good driving instructors in Dungarvan?

Options
  • 11-09-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I moved to Dungarvan in July to start my first graduate job. I'm on the cycle to work scheme but I feel I need to get my full driving license as the majority of people drive at work!

I've had my provisional since 2006 so I've really put learning how to drive on the back burner, until now:P

I'd like to know if any local Dungarvan people, such as yourselves, can recommend good driving instructors in the town?€ 25-35 per lesson preferably...I know the bare basics of driving so I think I'd need a few lessons! (I don't need to do the 12 edt lessons as I had my first provisional before it started)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mac20v

John Kelly has a very high pass rate in the 90 percent range. Not sure about the cost .

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

Patsy Dee is very good, he's got a very good pass rate and he calm as chips with his students, think he's around 35-40 a lesson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

One or two would want to learn the rules of the road before they call themselves instructors. I saw one yesterday pull his car across a disabled parking spot, get out of his car and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LightHugger

+1 for John Kelly. I know someone that learned with him & passed her test on the first attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

+1 for John Kelly. I know someone that learned with him & passed her test on the first attempt.

Was the person male or female. It is felt that a short skirt and a bit of cleavage at times works wonders if you are not too bad doing the test. But come to think of it, for some, it might be reason to bring someone back. The cleavage trick is also suppose to come in handy if a cop pulls you in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement