Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

selling a bike

• 11-09-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

hey , long time lurker on this forum ! im selling my bike and having no luck and just wanted some advice , ie am i pricing it to high ? is the ad no use ? is it a bad time ? i can put up a link to the bike if thats allowed ? for now il describe it . its a 2003 deauville , reasonable condition couple of extras . the fact is its sitting at my house and i want to see it go somewhere decent !

any help appreciated ! apologies if this is not allowed as a thread ! !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Let's see it, man!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

aodhan2 wrote: »

Not bad. You need more and better photos, though. And maybe a little bumph about how long you've had it and how trouble-free it's been?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Not bad. You need more and better photos, though. And maybe a little bumph about how long you've had it and how trouble-free it's been?

cheers , i was just assuming everyone knew what they were about and what they looked like ! there a great bike i have to say , i have it a little over a year , but a new work van is forcing sale ! i have looked at other ones and i think its priced ok , would you agree?

aodhan2 wrote: »
    cheers , i was just assuming everyone knew what they were about and what they looked like ! there a great bike i have to say , i have it a little over a year , but a new work van is forcing sale ! i have looked at other ones and i think its priced ok , would you agree?

I would think the price is fair enough, yeah. Best of luck with the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Assuming there's a little room for negotiation with the price, would you consider offering it for '€1,975- no offers'. A number beginning with 1 is a lot more tempting even if it's roughly the same amount of money.

You do need better photos. Express yourself, man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Tough time of year to be selling a bike but if you price it right and take good pictures you'll give yourself the best chance of shifting it.

Being a Deuville you might just get someone whos after a commuter for the winter.

Better pictures and stick it up for 1950.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Tough time of year to be selling a bike but if you price it right and take good pictures you'll give yourself the best chance of shifting it.

Being a Deuville you might just get someone whos after a commuter for the winter.

Better pictures and stick it up for 1950.

http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-deauville-650/5524489

extra pics and price drop , hopefully a sale !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Man, you have to remember you're not just selling your Deauville. You might be selling Deauvilles to someone who doesn't necessarily want a Deauville. With that in mind, I suggest cover photo like this:

339382x300x225_FFFFFF_H.jpg

That'll finish it off nicely. Also, time for a bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The baby's arm stuck to it might be putting them off.

What's the thing in the pannier with Google written on it?!?

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

cantdecide wrote: »
    Man, you have to remember you're not just selling your Deauville. You might be selling Deauvilles to someone who doesn't necessarily want a Deauville. With that in mind, I suggest cover photo like this:

That'll finish it off nicely. Also, time for a bump.

THIS.

I don't wanna say your bike is ugly, but your pictures do not flatter your bike at all. Get it in an open space not the drive way. You don't want it in a compact area where you park it because it makes the bike look fat. You need to make the bike look like it can go places. Even if it is a commuter only for whoever buys it, it's best to have them think, "if I wanted to go down country I just could."

Get someone with a half decent camera and a little knowledge to take the pics. Throw it in a contrasting background, maybe on some grass somewhere. Will look great.

Also, clean it, not sure if the gearbox casing is dirty or marked, but clean it either way, and the exhaust, even just for the photos. You're asking people to give you a lot of money for something, you should make it look like you spend a lot of time taking care of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

bikes are selling, it just takes time. Higher priced bikes seem the hardest to sell at the moment but they are moving - eg: mines going tomorrow after being advertised 2 months and i had decided to keep it.:(:(:(

As said above - good clean clear photos help sell, hilight the good points and not the bad ones.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Wrong time to sell
    And better photos
    But wrong time to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Tigger wrote: »
    Wrong time to sell
    And better photos
    But wrong time to sell

wrong time of year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7