Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Brake problem , sthil ms 660 .

• 11-09-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Ok ,
    I was using my Sthil Ms 660 today and after about half an hour of cutting done and when i applied the chain brake it wont engage . The chain brake had become soft and plyable . This is a serious problem and i will be contacting the main dealer .
    Has anybody here had a similar problem {What was the solution} Its a brilliant saw and would cut all day long but this a concern for safety .

Any advise from users of the ms600 would be appreciated .

Teepee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

teepee wrote: »
    Ok ,
    I was using my Sthil Ms 660 today and after about half an hour of cutting done and when i applied the chain brake it wont engage . The chain brake had become soft and plyable . This is a serious problem and i will be contacting the main dealer .
    Has anybody here had a similar problem {What was the solution} Its a brilliant saw and would cut all day long but this a concern for safety .

Any advise from users of the ms600 would be appreciated .

Teepee

The 660 is a robust saw with few real inherent problems. If it is still under warranty, your dealer should fix it. If not, most small engine shops can repair that model as it has been around for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm not familiar with that particular saw, but the symptoms you describe sound very like a broken brake band.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Rovi wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with that particular saw, but the symptoms you describe sound very like a broken brake band.

Update , left it into the stihl dealer and a new handle is been ordered and the faulty handle is been sent back to Germany . See how it gos .

Advertisement