Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

LEIN wrote: »
    I seen some railway staff working on the line where the UPC duct located about 20 minutes ago.

Wouldn't be holding my breath LEIN. I rang UPC yesterday to see how the upgrade is progressing & nobody there knew anything about an upgrade in this area and suggested I was being misled by the technician who promised me all would be in place by 28th Feb. Based on my dealings with them over the last few weeks, I won't believe a word they say regarding this area being upgraded until I've seen it with my own eyes. On a more positive note, I'm getting a consistent 30mb download speed tonight so maybe the issue is now resolved?!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

I'm back to pathetic speeds. Less than a meg download. Seriously sick of this now. Anyone have a date for eircom efiber in charlesland park?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

gramo wrote: »
    I'm back to pathetic speeds. Less than a meg download. Seriously sick of this now. Anyone have a date for eircom efiber in charlesland park?

I hear ya....

3350784308.png

We need to keep pressure on them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Lads, when youre complaining on the UPC thread you're better off doing it in the afternoons. By the time the reps are online, the Greystones thread will have dropped down and you're out of sight and out of mind. Also be wary of the old PM your details and get 20 euro off your bill.

• Advertisement

doccy wrote: »
    Lads, when youre complaining on the UPC thread you're better off doing it in the afternoons. By the time the reps are online, the Greystones thread will have dropped down and you're out of sight and out of mind. Also be wary of the old PM your details and get 20 euro off your bill.

That's not how that forum works. Reps will visit all unread threads and act from there.

I have always got a response no matter what time or day I have posted a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

I hear ya....

3350784308.png

thats strange heres mine:

3350939622.png

...while kids are watching online movie.

this does not make sense for me. Looks like settings on local UPC network are mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It's mad up and down - not great for streaming unless your device can buffer loads ahead of playing.

3350951275.png
    3350954056.png

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

make sure youre all not testin against digiwebs servers, ive always found consistency issues with them

test with eircom or vodafone servers

Very strange for last 2 days speeds are really good
    3351863718.png

...looks like they finally read my resignation letter

• Advertisement

UPC: Brian wrote: »
    Hi Folks, 

Our engineers are continuing to work on this and hope to have this solved shortly. 
    We cannot advise on a specific time frame on this but further works to improve the service will be carried out overnight.

Thanks. 

Why overnight? Working on the railway line? Strange one.

Fine earlier, but complete drop-off at the moment
    3353251575.png

It's doing my head in now.

Brian keeps at us with same vague answer, over and over like a broken record.

I posted on on the thread linked here to say, more info or I'm gone and I'm serious.

If you're out of contract, or can get out of contract, why wouldn't you go. By the sounds of it Eircom offer faster, more consistent BB. I wouldn't take it personally, but UPC will only get their act together when they lose customers to rivals. It's the very reason Eircom's service is improving in the first place. They lost their customers by offering a crap service, now they upped their game.

If the fibre upgrade is coming it will still blow Eircom out of the water, even with e-fibre.....

I'd be happy with the 30 meg I signed up to be honest. That's the problem for me, UPC aren't providing it consistently and never have in the four odd years I've been with them. Im of the opinion that you judge a company on the service they provide when things go wrong.

Generally Iv'e found UPC a good company to deal with, but the service since Christmas has been terrible. Bad service, bad customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

If the fibre upgrade is coming it will still blow Eircom out of the water, even with e-fibre.....

eFibre with vectoring might give you 100Mb/s

UPC are offering 200Mb/s but TBH its difficult to fully utilise that much bandwidth as a home user. eFibre's higher upstream speed might be more useful to you than the extra 100Mb/s downstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

doccy wrote: »
    I'd be happy with the 30 meg I signed up to be honest. That's the problem for me, UPC aren't providing it consistently and never have in the four odd years I've been with them. Im of the opinion that you judge a company on the service they provide when things go wrong.

Generally Iv'e found UPC a good company to deal with, but the service since Christmas has been terrible. Bad service, bad customer care.

Took the words out outta my mouth...

loyatemu wrote: »
    eFibre with vectoring might give you 100Mb/s

UPC are offering 200Mb/s but TBH its difficult to fully utilise that much bandwidth as a home user. eFibre's higher upstream speed might be more useful to you than the extra 100Mb/s downstream.

I agree, anything over 100 is probably overkill. It's more the TV service and then the price of the bundle for triple play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

Hi Folks,

Just to update here, further works were carried out overnight. This should have had a positive impact on the connection. We'd like everyone to monitor their connection over the weekend and let us know here on Monday if anyone is still experiencing issues.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Much better but the real test will be later.

3355068418.png

UPC engineer is working on a green box at the entrance to the Wood off the roundabout.

speeds are considerably better now, question is are they gonna to upgrade network to fibre to allow higher than 30Mb speeds? or they only get this problem sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 michaelb82

I had a speed of around 28-30 Mbps this morning at 11:55am. Now, it's 2:45pm and I'm down to 16 Mbps. Looks like not much improvement when more people come online.

Regards,
    Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

It was on and off yesterday and it's completely down most of the day today. Even if it's on it's very slow so using lots of 3G this weekend:) Not sure what sort of work they've been doing so far but in our case it made things even worse :/

Kruk wrote: »
    It was on and off yesterday and it's completely down most of the day today. Even if it's on it's very slow so using lots of 3G this weekend:) Not sure what sort of work they've been doing so far but in our case it made things even worse :/

Works ok for me speeds from 16 to 30 Im in park

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

domel wrote: »
    Works ok for me speeds from 16 to 30 Im in park

We're in Crescent. Tried to call their support but can't get through. Basically since Christmas it was pretty bad speed. Hopefully they'll get it fixed shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

[IMG][/img]3359396886.png

Much improved in the Park here

that's the highest speed for Charlesland I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

Working good for me too....getting a consistent 31mb last few times I've checked.

Advertisement