Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Well, it seems fixed. It only took the best part of 3 months...

3361220951.png

Now I wonder if this upgrade is coming???

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Is anyone having issues with the TV Service, have had screen freezing and pixalation issues the last few days.
    Trying to get through to them now to see if its a wider issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

Earlsie wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with the TV Service, have had screen freezing and pixalation issues the last few days.
    Trying to get through to them now to see if its a wider issue.
    it looks like weak signal, how many rooms is connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I had pixelation like that on Thursday and Friday last. I wonder if anyone else has had the same issue.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

astrofluff wrote: »
    I had pixelation like that on Thursday and Friday last. I wonder if anyone else has had the same issue.

Don't even dare to start them on that now or you'll kill off the broadband for us again!! ;)

• Advertisement

domel wrote: »
    it looks like weak signal, how many rooms is connected?

2 TVs connected on 2 seperate boxes, no issues previously so just the last 4 or 5 days we have issues,

Charlesland Service Status Update: Ongoing

Digital TV
    Service disruption Identified on 10/03/2014 20:14:00
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Digital TV service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.
    Try again later for further updates.

On Demand TV
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our On Demand TV service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

Broadband
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Broadband service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

Home Phone
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Home Phone service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

That's the first bit of consistency UPC have shown in this thread I reckon.

Charlesland Service Status Update: Ongoing

Digital TV
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Digital TV service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

On Demand TV
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our On Demand TV service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

Broadband
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Broadband service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

Home Phone
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Home Phone service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.

What does this mean though? I didn't notice any issues yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

A service issue with on demand? The issue is they don't do on demand in Charlesland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

lmao

LEIN wrote: »
    What does this mean though? I didn't notice any issues yesterday.

I contacted them yesterday via Twitter as I could not get through to them via phone and they advised they had general issues in the area, again this morning when I called the welcome message was ongoing issues in Charlesland.

I just got a text message from them to say service is resumed and all looks good so far.

I contacted them yesterday via Twitter as I could not get through to them via phone and they advised they had general issues in the area, again this morning when I called the welcome message was ongoing issues in Charlesland.

I just got a text message from them to say service is resumed and all looks good so far.

Unless I've gone mad, there were no issues.

BB, phone and TV were all working well in my house yesterday and yesterday evening.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

I just logged on to see if anyone else was having problems... here we go again. Ping times are a mess... again.

Time to start looking at alternatives now I think, I've had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Unless I've gone mad, there were no issues.

BB, phone and TV were all working well in my house yesterday and yesterday evening.

I had randomly bad BB late evening yesterday, but no hassles with TV.

It's just normal now to have random performance levels, so I'm going to switch the BB to eircom if they don't do this upgrade by next month.

I was starting to wonder if the issues might have been more general. Internet traffic has apparently increased by 75% in Ireland in the last year, mainly down to Netflix and other video streaming. You'd think that might put a strain on all networks during prime time.

But I've had the opportunity to use a UPC BB account in Bray (served by fibre not MMDS) on several recent evenings and there have been no problems at all.

My BB and phone are down at the moment. :mad:

My BB and phone are down at the moment. :mad:

Seems the modem needed to be reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 michaelb82

I just had the same thing. The modem was unable to connect. Just two of the LEDs were on. A reset fixed it back up. Obviously something more systemic going on if multiple people seeing the same thing.

Maybe they took the system down and put it back up needing a reset of some routers? All part and parcel of their great efforts to repair (and hopefully improve) the service.

More problems this morning. Internet cutting in and out...getting tired of this problem at this stage.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »
    More problems this morning. Internet cutting in and out...getting tired of this problem at this stage.

Did it stay down for long? I was out all day.

I see that there is yellow spray paint on the the new duct with "UPC" and arrows. Other than that, there are no signs of the upgrade....

Spotted a UPC guy at the Charlesland roundabout and also in the Wood today. Maybe fiddling with stuff - it was for about 10 minutes or so at the time of me posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 michaelb82

So at 18:10 today I had 30Mbps and I checked again around 19:00 and I have 13Mbps. Same old. Same old.

Mine seems fine and considering it's 20:01, that is a very good result!

3366346575.png

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

I'm only getting 0.5 down.. Still have the full 3 meg up. It's getting ridiculous now. Full 30 meg down when I'm in work and when the family's home this is what I'm down to. Ringing upc now, had enough

gramo wrote: »
    I'm only getting 0.5 down.. Still have the full 3 meg up. It's getting ridiculous now. Full 30 meg down when I'm in work and when the family's home this is what I'm down to. Ringing upc now, had enough

Reset your modem and try a speed test again.

3366417627.png

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I understand that with the promise of what's to come that there's a few of you holding out for the upgrades to happen. I think I remember your good self LEIN saying that a couple of pages back.

But given the lack of consistency and regular poor service, and the often erratic customer service people seemed to have received over the years, what makes you think any of it is going to get any better once the upgrade happens? (There's not even a date on when that will be!) Is there any faith that when the upgrade happens that the service will be better and more consistent? (Both the BB etc. and the Customer service!)

I'm not having a go here at all, I'm more curious. I was all on for helping a friend in Charlesland sign up to UPC a few weeks back, and I thought the packages and offers looked really good - there was a hint of jealousy on my part, I must admit. There was a technical hitch at the time which prevented her signing up a couple of weeks ago, and then I was reading this thread and I honestly thought "Well thank God for that technical hitch! The service sounds awful!"

So yeah, I'm not having a go... I guess I'm looking for a bit of reassurance or something from you regular customers that I shouldn't over look UPC in the future. If that makes sense.

Appreciate any replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Did I actually see that UPC was voted the best BB provider...?
    Surely an early Aprils fool..?

Did it stay down for long? I was out all day.

I see that there is yellow spray paint on the the new duct with "UPC" and arrows. Other than that, there are no signs of the upgrade....

I see there was major work on the duct today. Parts were dug back up and relaid.
    Cycle lane from the arch to the south beach right up to the old Script building is closed at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Did I actually see that UPC was voted the best BB provider...?
    Surely an early Aprils fool..?
    I'm not complaining ... :D
    fdvbxe.jpg

Advertisement