Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

In anticipation of the full suite of services becoming available to Charlesland, I am wondering if anyone here has managed to use the get-out clause of their current contract due to price rise, to re-negotiate their triple play services and get onto a Horizon package? When Horizon does arrive, I would be interested in having that package now rather than waiting around till my contract runs out.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

astrofluff wrote: »
    In anticipation of the full suite of services becoming available to Charlesland, I am wondering if anyone here has managed to use the get-out clause of their current contract due to price rise, to re-negotiate their triple play services and get onto a Horizon package? When Horizon does arrive, I would be interested in having that package now rather than waiting around till my contract runs out.

I would also be interested in this scenario considering all the downtime service that was experienced perosnaly . I think it is definitely worth making a call Monday and will post my feedback then.

Hee hee!
    3391948961.png

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hee hee!
    3391948961.png

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Hee hee!
    3391948961.png

Did you move? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Hee hee!
    3391948961.png

Wow. Respect :)

New contract - I won't post what I achieved because 1. I don't want to get anyone else's hopes up, and 2. I don't want to feel bad if someone achieves better than me!

Apparently, 120Mb is available. So a little short of 120Mb I know but still way better than anything before, even with the wind blowing as it is ATM!

3392429753.png

New contract - I won't post what I achieved because 1. I don't want to get anyone else's hopes up, and 2. I don't want to feel bad if someone achieves better than me!

Apparently, 120Mb is available. So a little short of 120Mb I know but still way better than anything before, even with the wind blowing as it is ATM!

3392429753.png

What about TV? Has there been an upgrade or was 120 always available?

Tv still the same - I asked about Horizon but still not available in the area. No idea since when the 120Mb was available. Anyone know if MMDS needs more channels or just different head end gear to get this level of service?

Weather is mad down here at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

this is mine they upgraded mine as well:

Charlesland Park
    3392701302.png

• Advertisement

Tv still the same - I asked about Horizon but still not available in the area. No idea since when the 120Mb was available. Anyone know if MMDS needs more channels or just different head end gear to get this level of service?

Afaik, the MMDS and the broadband were always on different platforms. The MMDS doesn't have enough bandwidth to provide any more channels than already there. I'd say they might stick to the MMDS service for the tv for a good while, or at least until they see what kind of bandwidth is available on the fibre.

The Horizon box must take a good bit of bandwidth as you can record/watch 4 programmes at any given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Ringing now to check what speed is available

LEIN wrote: »
    What about TV? Has there been an upgrade or was 120 always available?

There's defo been an upgrade as the 120Mb connection wasn't there in December or so...

Maybe with all the problems in January they replaced some gear which was better spec'd and incidentally allowed faster speeds?!

Just called tech support and was advised that charlesland is full cable now and we can avail of 200M plus phone and tv, horizon!! I'm out if contract and am happy with sky but if want the 200M.

What kind of price increase did anyone get with the upgrade?

gramo wrote: »
    Ringing now to check what speed is available

What did you get?

The deal is no increase but a discount to get you on 12 month contract. Don't accept their first offer.

There is no Horizon or On-Demand yet as I was informed today this was not available to date - there is no evidence of them having pulled the fibre connection either. One of us is being given wrong information, and I would believe I am right on this but open to correction.

What did you get?

Just took the 200M for 57 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

got good deall with them paying less and getting more. Was 4 months in contract so for me it is only 4 months extension.

latest score:
    3392790793.png

Yes, very confusing information all round.

Folk with the high speed, are you using original routers?

• Advertisement

gramo wrote: »
    Just took the 200M for 57 a month

Sorry, I just noticed you had already posted just above where I asked.... :o

Yes, still have the same router (white Thomson)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

This is becoming a who can p*ss the highest contest.

I can assure you very very few need speeds that are remotely close to those recently posted.

What you need is solid reliable performance.

Drweavil wrote: »

That's the one I have. If I'm correct we will all need the same as Astro?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's the one I have. If I'm correct we will all need the same as Astro?
    No, the Cisco 3925 is OK, it's what I have on my 200Mbps connection, albeit in bridged mode to a better wireless router.

Just checked the specs of my EPC2425 and I would need to get a replacement to go above 50Mb... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

JanneG wrote: »
    Just checked the specs of my EPC2425 and I would need to get a replacement to go above 50Mb... :(
    Yes, that's an older model Cisco that doesn't do Docsis 3 which is required for the higher speeds.

FirstIn wrote: »
    This is becoming a who can p*ss the highest contest.

I can assure you very very few need speeds that are remotely close to those recently posted.

What you need is solid reliable performance.

What's the problem with spending a bit less time taking your leak eh?

• Advertisement

JanneG wrote: »

I was mistaken, I have this router.

Advertisement