Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

FirstIn wrote: »
    This is becoming a who can p*ss the highest contest.

Challenge accepted.

**waits for off-peak period to do speed test...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The section on the UPC site that allowed you to check what is available in your area seems to have been removed?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

LEIN wrote: »
    The section on the UPC site that allowed you to check what is available in your area seems to have been removed?

If you call them, they have a chance on a sale. If you don't, they loose.

Drweavil wrote: »
    If you call them, they have a chance on a sale. If you don't, they loose.

Cool, so my eyesight is fine.

The My UPC section seems to be messed up also.

Right, I got a little sense from UPC on twitter. I couldn't call as I was very busy.

200Mb is the speed that is now available in Charlesland. They couldn't say anything about TV as they could not see any information regarding same but she did say that if I call CC tomorrow that they will be able to give more information.

It seems strange that 200Mb is being offered but not full TV services.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing in UPC's call centre, nothing new, that or else the new packages available haven't made it onto the 'system' yet.

True. Could be a case that not all has been launched as I don't believe 200Mb is possible over the old wireless system used in Charlesland.

Personally, I might sit this out for a few more weeks and see how it in takes shape. It took the UPC rep an age to get back to me with the 200Mb info and then she was gone for another good while when I mentioned TV so it seems she had to go digging....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

lakeroad wrote: »
    I received an update call today from UPC to say Fibre connection and upgrades will now not be completed until last week in March at the earliest due to complications. So we may have broadband problems for a few more weeks.

Looks like UPC tech support were correct with the installation time frame

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Done my wired speed test last night and hitting 197Meg Awesome!!

Unfortunately my wireless devices aint getting that speed lol but its torrents that I care about..

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Just checked their website, tried to order the "Horizon Complete Bundle" and the came up with a tick beside each service for my address?? Did not go all the way as I want to do a bit of negotiatiing first!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Robertr wrote: »
    Just checked their website, tried to order the "Horizon Complete Bundle" and the came up with a tick beside each service for my address?? Did not go all the way as I want to do a bit of negotiatiing first!!

I see the same for my address - Eden Gate - but was on their chat function last night and the person said Horizon is NOT available. Remember it used to say similar as well, so I'm holding off til there is some official communication.

I tried too and it says full services are available.

Has anyone called to confirm?

I tried too and it says full services are available.

Has anyone called to confirm?

Yes I called yesterday and was advised that everything except horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gramo wrote: »
    Yes I called yesterday and was advised that everything except horizon

Exactly what i was told - HD channels now available (assume with a new box) which weren't available when I moved in, but that could have been an upgrade over the last 2 years I didn't know about.

So considering its €80 a month (currently €35 for first 6 months) for their current top package on Horizon, how much less without horizon but still with HD TV?

I currently have Sky for TV and UPC for 30mb broadband. Out of contract for both so want to make sure I get the best deal before going into another contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

I called today & upgraded to 120mb at no extra cost. Was told that it was only the broadband that was upgraded and that TV on Demand & Horizon were still NOT available in Charlesland and they were unable to give me an ETA either.

skelly22 wrote: »
    I called today & upgraded to 120mb at no extra cost. Was told that it was only the broadband that was upgraded and that TV on Demand & Horizon were still NOT available in Charlesland and they were unable to give me an ETA either.

Did you have to enter a new contract with them?

Did you have to enter a new contract with them?
    Had to enter a new 12 mth contract but I'd only just entered a new 12 mth contract anyway having been onto their loyalty team looking for a reduction a few weeks ago. Now paying €82 per month for 120mb Broadband/Digital Max (incl. 2 additional boxes)/Anytime World telephone.

Had to enter a new 12 mth contract but I'd only just entered a new 12 mth contract anyway having been onto their loyalty team looking for a reduction a few weeks ago. Now paying €82 per month for 120mb Broadband/Digital Max (incl. 2 additional boxes)/Anytime World telephone.

I had to enter a new contract also but I think I should of went with 120 instead of 200. Can I change my mind? Do I have a cooling off period?

gramo wrote: »
    I had to enter a new contract also but I think I should of went with 120 instead of 200. Can I change my mind? Do I have a cooling off period?

Yes. If you have changed your mind, I'd call today.

• Advertisement

Is that HD or just standard?

I had a chat with them at lunch time and that's the answer I got too.

BB only, they are actively looking at TV at the moment, whatever that means.

It seems that the upgrade was to stem the flow of people leaving due to the eFibre launch.

Dunno what to do. I'm half way through my contact.....

I went to 200mb Broadband /Digital Max with HD addon (+ one additional Box) / Anytime World Phone. All for €90 per month. €70 for first three months. Will get free upgrade to Horizon when available and price will reduce to €88 per month.

Now, just need to spend an hour on the phone trying to cancel the Sky!!

Is that HD or just standard?

Just standard I presume, didn't even know HD was available.

Just standard I presume, didn't even know HD was available.

Its an extra €5 for HD on the Digital Max

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

@Robertr, I would be interested to hear if you get the HD boxes immediately. Obviously none of us have them to connect up to see if theri are any HD channels.

I am still of the belief we are still getting the MMDS 'lite' package with all channels in SD. When any upgrade happens I'd always check for channels like 129 Syfy as Dublin cabled areas have this whereas MMDS never has.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Me too. If HD and 200Mb is now available, why not the full service?

Is anyone else having issues accessing "My UPC?"

Will see what they bring on Saturday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Is anyone else having issues accessing "My UPC?"

No, but im wondering why i cant pay my bill online via MyUpc since it was upgraded?

Advertisement