Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

skelly22 wrote: »
    Gonna have to call 1908 Lein, retune was going fine till I got to the channel search at which point I was told "Channel Search Unsuccessful" so now I have no channels at all.....typical!!

That happened to me from 6.30-7.45, you'll notice before it fails only one of the 'strength/quality' bars is not showing. Just keep trying, I left ot a while and when back in, both bars were showing strongly. Worked perfectly then, but had no tv before that.

However, we both didn't wait till after 9am as told, so I'm sure they were still rolling it out at the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

Newcomers1 wrote: »
    That happened to me from 6.30-7.45, you'll notice before it fails only one of the 'strength/quality' bars is not showing. Just keep trying, I left ot a while and when back in, both bars were showing strongly. Worked perfectly then, but had no tv before that.

However, we both didn't wait till after 9am as told, so I'm sure they were still rolling it out at the time!!

Thanks Newcomers!, oops I didn't see the 9am bit anywhere. I'll give it another shot later so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Did the retune on both boxes just now and they're working fine. Also, just did a speed test and it's vastly improved. I had been getting an average of about 5mbps lately but didn't bother making a fuss as the fibre was on the way and it's not like the broadband needs to be any faster for what we use if for, but it's much better now.

Got a text from them last night to say that my Horizon box is being delivered today, no idea what time though... I'll keep ye posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Do you have on demand and extra channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dubjackeen

Yes and Yes

• Advertisement

Cool, I won't get a chance to sort mine out until tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Do you get HD channels with this upgrade?

torres9kop wrote: »

Yes but you'll need the horizon box to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,848 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone got their delivery yet today?

I just rang DPD 15 minutes ago. They have about 400 boxes to deliver today. I was told I should have mine later this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Before Horizon there was a standard set top box that did HD. Any multi room box you get today is HD capable AFAIK. I'm wondering what will be given to replace the old NTL pace box.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Anyone in Charlesland Court get a delivery from DPD today, nothing from them as of yet :confused:

I have just received a text that my box will be delivered between 18:30 and 20:30 this evening.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Before Horizon there was a standard set top box that did HD. Any multi room box you get today is HD capable AFAIK. I'm wondering what will be given to replace the old NTL pace box.

Thanks.. I have that box so no need for horizon..i had the horizon box in a previous address and i much prefer the one i have now.. More user friendly i find

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Dpd spotted in charlesland grove

• Registered Users Posts: 2 squezer

Hi there, is there any chance you can avoid paying €90 for a horizon bundle. I rang 1908 couple of minutes ago and was told I have to pay activation fee if I want to upgrade to horizon bundle and there is no way they will waive it off. Has any of you experienced the same, many thanks for any advise.

^^^ Is this related to Charlesland? If so ring the other number...
    lakeroad wrote: »
    Here is the dedicated UPC phone number for Charlesland Residents to contact about the upgrade options - 1890 940635

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

So much for 200mb :(:( This is a wired test on the new Horizon box

3555310970.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Robertr wrote: »
    So much for 200mb :(:( This is a wired test on the new Horizon box

3555310970.png
    Try UPC's own speedtest on http://www.upc.ie/bundles/broadband-phone/speed-test/. I rarely get the full 200Mbit/s to any of the Speedtest.net servers unless it's during the day, and certainly not the one in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Anyone else getting error 1090 when attempting to install?

I rang customer support as per the instructions and selected option two for tech support but then there's no option of installation or TV, only broadband or telephone.

• Advertisement

Just turned on my tv and it says Loss of signal.. Cant get through to upc.. Anyone any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Here is test on UPC website:

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 205092 kbps (25636.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 10458 kbps (1307.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 10 ms
    Jitter: 3 ms
    10/6/2014 20:22:53

Has to make you wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

dubjackeen wrote: »
    Yes and Yes

Hi Dubjackeen - you say you have on demand? Neither my neighbour nor I do and were told it will follow within 24 hours.

Does anyone else have On Demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Robertr wrote: »
    Has to make you wonder?
    Not really. The speed quoted by UPC, or any other ISP for that matter, is the speed you'll get between your router and their internal network. Once traffic leaves UPC's network and enters the rest of the Internet it's beyond their control. You might get the full whack, you might not.

Anyone else just getting. Loss of signal. Broadband working fine just no tv signal

Just turned on my tv and it says Loss of signal.. Cant get through to upc.. Anyone any info on this?

Did you reset factory setting as per the letter?
    EllieD wrote: »
    Hi Dubjackeen - you say you have on demand? Neither my neighbour nor I do and were told it will follow within 24 hours.

Does anyone else have On Demand?

Yes, I have on demand and the RTÉ player, TV3 player and the TG4 player.

Anyone else just getting. Loss of signal. Broadband working fine just no tv signal

Unplug box for 30secs, plug in again and enter new activation code 321. Which box do you have? All old NTL silver pace boxes now obsolete.

LEIN wrote: »

No i havent reset factory setting..

Are you in Charlesland?

• Advertisement

LEIN wrote: »

Thanks for that.. Dont know where my brain is today

Advertisement