Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer 4920 BIOS

• 11-09-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently got an Acer 4920 and installed Windows 8 on it and it was working well until i tried to upgrade the processor from a T5250 to a T7500, then it wouldn't start. I'm almost 100% sure that the new cpu is compatible and working so that leaves the BIOS. I tried upgrading the BIOS in WIN8 using the Acer flash utility (winphlash) but got the error "corrupted interface decriptors in new bios file" I guessed this might be because i was running Win8 so i am now dual booting with xp but i'm still getting the same message. Strangely i still get that message when i click on advanced options in winphlash with no BIOS files selected. I thought it might be a dodgy winphlash download but after about 10 others i'm still getting the same message. I've also tried booting from a usb key and cd but with no joy. I've tried a modded BIOS ROM and that ain't working either. If someone's got a spare while could you look at the acer 4920 bios 1.2.1 and tell me where i might be going wrong? I also tried installing it through the WFlash utility in the BIOS file and get an error saying i'm not plugged in through my power supply, which i am.

Advertisement