Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaisce awards

• 11-09-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello I know this question is gonna sound stupid but...

I just have a small enquiry about the gaisce awards.
    For personal skill i really want to learn a language but I have no idea were they hold brazilian portuguese or polish classes for a resonable price?

Are you allowed to learn a language it on ya own or does it have to be with a teacher?
    And does anybody know where any classes are held for brazilian portuguese or polish?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Enright

How about learning sign language? Loads of classes available nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GaisceAward

Hi Seannieboy
    Unfortunately if you want to learn a new language you must have a teacher/supervisor. With every activity you complete per week, a trainer/supervisor must sign your record sheet as proof that you have done it.
    In terms of classes, if you want to give us the county/area you are situated in we can check our system to see if there are any classes based near you that we have worked with before.
    Hope this helps!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seannieboy

Oh okay I see thank you.
    Yes Im very intrested in sign language too. I live in tallaght Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many schools that provide the Leaving Cert. Applied do the Sign Language option as an elective. You could contact schools in your area to see if any of them do it and get contact details from them.

Advertisement