Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New or second hand under 100€

Options
  • 12-09-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭

My Samsung Wave seems to be dying, the battery is going from 50% to 0% then back up to 30%. have changed the battery and is doing the same thing. The erratic switching off is driving me crazy.

I would love to replace it with something similar if possible but don't know if i can do it for the money i have at the moment which is about 100 euro.

I am not a heavy phone user, main things i want :-

OK camera
    Android would be nice
    GPS would be nice, but not as important as the top two.
    Anything else isn't so important.

Any recommendations to look for old or new that fits the price range?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

Plenty of the 2nd hand shops in dublin city centre stock older phones so if you are in or near dublin it is worth a look.
    Supercell wrote: »
    My Samsung Wave seems to be dying, the battery is going from 50% to 0% then back up to 30%. have changed the battery and is doing the same thing. The erratic switching off is driving me crazy.

I would love to replace it with something similar if possible but don't know if i can do it for the money i have at the moment which is about 100 euro.

I am not a heavy phone user, main things i want :-

OK camera
    Android would be nice
    GPS would be nice, but not as important as the top two.
    Anything else isn't so important.

Any recommendations to look for old or new that fits the price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Reading up on this am now leaning towards a Nokia Lumia 520 or a Huawei Ascend Y300.

The navigation app on the Nokia is nice but Windows OS is putting me off.
    Any other reason to choose one or the other?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Supercell wrote: »
    Reading up on this am now leaning towards a Nokia Lumia 520 or a Huawei Ascend Y300.

The navigation app on the Nokia is nice but Windows OS is putting me off.
    Any other reason to choose one or the other?

The 520 is a decent phone, good spec for the mone. Anything particular about he OS you don't like?

Good camera option wold be an N8, but might be to old for what you want?

Advertisement