Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom

Options
  • 12-09-2013 12:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

I`m into the 7th week of my change of address with eircom and still no internet. I have called 10 times since I first put in for the change of address. Each time I call I keep getting different info from the agents, it seems to me that no one knows how to do their job there. I know sky can do a change of address in about 48 hours.

I have had it with eircom, I will never deal with them after this, worst customer service in the history of customer service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yep, it never changed, you could try a formal complaint asking for an explanation before you go to the regulator... or just join UPC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yep, it never changed, you could try a formal complaint asking for an explanation before you go to the regulator... or just join UPC.

Ya doing this tomorrow. As for UPC its not a option(pity)...the other option is sky, and they are looking better and better every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@deadeye187- would you like me to move this thread to the Talk to Eircom forum to see if a rep there can help you.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    @deadeye187- would you like me to move this thread to the Talk to Eircom forum to see if a rep there can help you.

dudara

No thanks man, I`m sorting it today....it should be working by 12...thanks for this tho.......

deadeye187 wrote: »
    No thanks man, I`m sorting it today....it should be working by 12...thanks for this tho.......

No worries - let me know if things don't work out.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm just about to move address (to a secondhand house with a phone line) and Eircom told me other providers wouldn't be able to set it up. I was also told I'd need to start a new 12 month contract with Eircom for phone and broadband. Is this true?

(sorry for asking in someone else's thread but it seemed appropriate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'm just about to move address (to a secondhand house with a phone line) and Eircom told me other providers wouldn't be able to set it up. I was also told I'd need to start a new 12 month contract with Eircom for phone and broadband. Is this true?

no this is not true. Once the phone line is physically installed to your house all you nred to do is contact the new cmmpany and they will get you connected.

Sky said they could set it up as can upc.....good luck with eircom man, i`d go with someone else if i were you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its all a bit sketchy to me but as far as can remember, connect a phone to your phone line and dial 199000 and your number will be quoted back to you if there's a line in situ, if you have this then the 3rd party carrier can connect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks for the responses. I'll be looking at the alternatives now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Tracey new bill for same amount arrived yesterday, weeks after you promised to sort it out. Before you Alan said he'd sort it out. Before I went onto your Eircom section of boards i got the same treatment, passed from one department to another over the phone. Just wondering is this how Eircom treats unhappy customer, fob them off, tell them it will be alright and keep sending them bills. Is the plan to wait until some credit management company takes over in a few months? Leave the credit management company take over, then I can't talk to anybody from Eircom, it will be too late? I actually can't trust anybody working for Eircom anymore, I want an official letter saying that my bill has been cleared, before I'll trust anybody from this company. Customers with a problem are treated like crap and given the complete runaround. Not to mention hours wasted on phone and time dealing with technicians who are sent to 'fix' broadband problems.

@johngoose - did you perhaps mean to post in the Talk to Eircom fourm?

dudara

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you have a phone line to the house, anybody can offer you phone & broadband. The line is maintained by Eircom wholesale and other providers can bring their service to the line. Eircom retail is just like Sky, Vodafone, UTV etc. All operating on the same network. There are some exceptions, like UPC, Wimax, etc. who have their own network. Some use the Eircom network but maintain it themselves. All those on the Eircom network have to charge Line Rental.

Pretty much all providers will enter you into a 12 month contract for NGB Broadband (up to 24mb) and 18 months for NGA Broadband (fibre, if available in your area, up to 70mb). There is an engineer required for first time fibre install, most providers charge for this (eircom don't).

eircom are one of the few (or the only one?) to provide a contention ratio of 24:1 (24 people sharing the line at the one time) and others are usually at 48:1 for the NGB Broadband.

Remember everybody has a 7 day cooling off period for their broadband when ordered. So you can cancel, regardless of who your provider is, within this period. Sky offer it for 30 days IIRC.

Advertisement