Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Eventually got my iPhone 4 updated, is working as good as ever, a little more nimble if anything.

I like not having to scroll to the top of a page in safari to access the search bar anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There's probably a way to change the settings but I don't like the music app now with the names of the artists/albums/playlists too big now and taking up much more space on the screen meaning more scrolling required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Brian017 wrote: »
    How are you finding it on the iPad 3? I have it on my iPhone 5 and it runs smooth and am very happy with it. But am concerned about upgrading my iPad as I've heard it's pretty sluggish and not quite iPad ready yet.

100% working perfect on my iPad 3, so go ahead and install!
    I'm, however, not 100% not sure I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Took about 2 Hours to download over WIFI for the Iphone 4.

Then it wouldn't install. Took me about 6 attempts to get it to install.

Installation is finally under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Keep getting this over and over ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

done on ipad

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Only took 8 attempts to get passed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Brian017 wrote: »
    How are you finding it on the iPad 3? I have it on my iPhone 5 and it runs smooth and am very happy with it. But am concerned about upgrading my iPad as I've heard it's pretty sluggish and not quite iPad ready yet.

no prob on ipad2 awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Hi, 2 questions on ios7

How do you mirror to Apple TV

How do you share a photo to fb from the photo library

• Registered Users Posts: 47 davesweets

done on ipad 2. however now many apps including rte player now open only to force close by themselves. any ideas on how to rectify this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I cannot reach activation centre now and now I can't use phone at all . Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Its just the apple servers being overloaded. Keep trying. I read somewhere that turning off wifi, then turning off the device and leaving it off for 5 minutes before restarting it and turning back on wifi gets around this error, but I think it's really just a matter for patience.

Even when it's downloaded, the update has to be verified and that needs to go through apple servers, so that can take multiple attempts before it works too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

45 minutes from backup to completely installed on iPhone 4 using iTunes. Not bad tbh.

Seemed a little sluggish at first, but better after rebooting the phone. Painfully slow compared to the iP5 though.

I can see why the demand's been so big. It's really the first big update of note since iOS4. And there are now a lot of devices capable of installing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Have it on my iphone5 and it's nice and fast and smooth and the differences in the keypad and weather and just little things that I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,217 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

iPad is not installing it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

davesweets wrote: »
    . however now many apps including rte player now open only to force close by themselves. any ideas on how to rectify this?
    I suspect this is a new feature! And a welcome one at that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Took about 2 hours to download on both my iphone 5 and ipad 3.
    Got the "software installer unavailable" on my iphone about 4 times before it finally installed. Tried it literally close to 15 times on my ipad and still no joy.

I like it on my iphone, kinda sluggish I guess but I'm sure that'll be fixed in bug fixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

I'm still at it,I downloaded it on the 5 but won't verify :( keep getting try again later!!
    Sure I'll keep at it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whoa. iOS7 is going to take some getting used to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just over an hour to download and install it on my 4s. Not bad, considering what laughingly passes for broadband in rural Mayo (3mb).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

pauld wrote: »
    Hi, 2 questions on ios7

How do you mirror to Apple TV

How do you share a photo to fb from the photo library

With mirroring, you swipe up for control centre and it in airplay.

Two problems I'm having on my iPad 3.

Need to sign in and out of the App Store for it to connect.

Setting wallpapers is very, very laggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mmm having trouble with the mail app since update.
    Have a gmail account linked to it and it has stopped working in the last half hour.

Cannot connect to server message. Was working fine up until then. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

I'm still at it,I downloaded it on the 5 but won't verify :( keep getting try again later!!
    Sure I'll keep at it

It's doing it,it's doing it :):)

Finally doing it on my iPad now! Yaaay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Anyone know how to change the tone for the alarm - can do everything else text tone, mail, calls etc (not obvious to me how to change the alarm sound)?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Anyone know how to change the tone for the alarm - can do everything else text tone, mail, calls etc (not obvious to me how to change the alarm sound)?!

Edit it on the alarm itself. It's always been in the clock app.

Go to alarms, click edit, go into the alarm you wanna change the tone for and you can do it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

How are you meant to close down Apps now? Doesnt seem to work when you click the home button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bigron2109 wrote: »
    How are you meant to close down Apps now? Doesnt seem to work when you click the home button.

Double click home button then swipe up to delete.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

You're right, cheers!

Advertisement