Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Iphone could not be updated an unknown error ocured.... Screen is stuck on Apple logo, what should I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Edit it on the alarm itself. It's always been in the clock app.
    Yep; utilities -> clock -> alarm -> edit. Turn that alsrm on (if it isn't already on), then slide/drag the relevant alarm bar to the left hand side of the screen and the settings for that alarm should appear on screen, including repeat, label, sound and snooze.

*edit* Beaten to it by certifiedcrepe!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I've actually gone back to safari now. Ditching chrome on the phone as it's too buggy. This update makes safari very appealing IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

My iPad mini doesn't seem to want to do it OTA. Coming up with 6.1.3 as up to date.

Any ideas what that's about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I really want to try ios7, but don't want to lose my jailbreak :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Anyone else notice on iPad, when the orientation is locked and you move the ipad the apps move slightly? Haha nifty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Am having terrible problem swiping up to access control centre !! Anybody else finding this ?? Also I hate this white keyboard look and the fact the notifications come in with white background no colour, can we change this ???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Up and running. It's very fresh looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

So I updated - but it failed and my iphone locked up - plugged it out and back into the laptop. And it entered recovery mode. I had to restore and now after the restore I cant activate it... :( Now my phones not working at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can you stop a certain calendar's events from showing up in the "Today" view in NC. I have various calendars set up on my iPad (personal/college/work etc) but don't want every calendar to appear in the NC view, is this possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DylanII wrote: »
    So I updated - but it failed and my iphone locked up - plugged it out and back into the laptop. And it entered recovery mode. I had to restore and now after the restore I cant activate it... :( Now my phones not working at all...

Had the exact problem. Could not reach activation centre.
    Restarted phone and iTunes and then it worked.

Whole process is crazy.

I had a beta that worked fine but moving to this is crazy.

No doubt I will have to reinstall all my music again which is painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Minor quibble, but I'd like if the little icons to the left of your various mail accounts also appeared beside the inboxes of those accounts.

Photo-8-225x400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally downloaded and it's gonna take a while to get used too. Not gone on the white background though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Autosport wrote: »
    Finally downloaded and it's gonna take a while to get used too. Not gone on the white background though

Eh, you can change that to any picture you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

My god!, either Apples servers for Ireland are getting hammered or UPC are throttling them, Ive had a nightmare trying to update :eek:. At 7pm my 5th gen iPod touch detects the update, so I do an iCloud backup just to be safe, leave it plugged into the mains charger and leave the router on so it can do its thing while I go to Jiu-Jitsu. I come home 2 hours later and it says there's 7 minutes left, then gives an error message no matter how many times I retry.

So I said id try it in iTunes, for some reason I cant download the latest iTunes from my windows PC but no biggie, I have a Mac as well. iTunes on the Mac wouldn't update from the program itself so downloaded the whole thing from Apples site. Plugged in my iPod touch and was prompted to update to a new version of iOS, tried to update and got an error about permissions, did it again but selected download only, still got the same error :(.

I finally got drastic and put the iPod into DFU mode, and restored as new, this worked up until the point were iOS7 boots up and asks for a network key to connect to Apple's activation servers. I put in my network key, it accepts it but the activation process keeps failing and asks me to try again later every time, I try it through iTunes but that doesn't work either :mad:.

Thinking this could be a UPC issue, I setup my Android phone as a wireless hotspot, get the iPhone to connect to that and BANG!, activation successful :), although I did have to change the password on my AppleID for some reason :confused:. It finally asked if I wanted to restore my iCloud backup, I didn't want to use any more of my phones data plan so I turned that off and let it do the rest from my UPC connection, now 5 hours later its finally updated to iOS7 :D.

Did anyone else with UPC have this much hassle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Mixed feelings so far...

Love the new features like control centre, the panning/zoomy action of unlocking and all that but the icons are pants IMO.
    Might just take a bit to get used to them but ios 7 features with the previous ios icons would have been lovely.
    Im on an iphone 4 so not all features are available to me so im not 100% sure about it all yet.
    its a major change from the ios of old, nothing wrong with change at all but i just think the icons are a tad rubbish.
    Also another gripe is the folders. they all appear grey for me & with certain background wallpapers the text under the icons is far too 'thin' & is either invisible or just really hard to make out. Im also dissapointed with the scrolling when in a folder, it should scroll from top to bottom, not left to right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Updated round 9.30 only looked at Safari now - will take getting used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

does anyone know about the parallax feature. i cant seem to find it in the menus and dont see it working on the home screen, so i assume its switched off?
    tks

also voice gender is missing from siri options?

am i missing something...

Autosport wrote: »

I hate this white background on keyboard , notifications look so boring now without colour . Don't like it to be honest . The last major iOS at least gave us notifications but this looks like it was designed by a kid , the White is like driving blinding snow colour , very hard on the eyes!! The apps look childlike .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

My only issues with it is no tap to tweet in notification centre and when deleting an email you have to swipe right to left, I'm used to going left to right but they will prob fix that other wise I'm liking it!
    Any idea how to get the weather up in notification centre?

• Advertisement

eirlink wrote: »
    does anyone know about the parallax feature. i cant seem to find it in the menus and dont see it working on the home screen, so i assume its switched off?
    tks

also voice gender is missing from siri options?

am i missing something...

Are you using the 4s?

Are you using the 4s?
    nope the 5

Go to accessibility in settings and invert colours and see what you got , don't know which is worse !!

eirlink wrote: »
    nope the 5

Don't know so, works on mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Having an absolute nightmare trying to get this through. I'm using a macbook pro. iTunes doesn't detect the availability of 11.1 version so can't download it that way (using 11.05 atm). Went to the apple site to try and download it and it's only offering 11.05 there too for some reason. Whenever I try to do the software update on my phone itself it tells me theres an error occured before it even starts. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just use a static wallpaper and tilt the phone to see the parallax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I like the new ios 7 is ok I think I prefer the old one on my phone but it's nice on my itouch. It's so annoying the way you need itunes 11 I had it before and hated it so I downgraded now you need it in order for the iphone to work with it and I can't even go back to restore or a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Is anyone elses iphone/itouch stuck in LA time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

How do you now turn off the apps?

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Just use a static wallpaper and tilt the phone to see the parallax

tks
    that worked...was using a plain colour wallpaper. that parallax is a bit gimmicky anyway.
    now if i could get Siri as a woman ?

Advertisement