Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Made me laugh!

forstall-vs.-ive.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Also, where is iTunes Radio?

Also, where is iTunes Radio?

Not available in Ireland yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Anyone know how to close apps in the background?

Double clicking the home button and holding the app to see the little minus button isn't working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Irishshin wrote: »
    Anyone know how to close apps in the background?

Double clicking the home button and holding the app to see the little minus button isn't working?

Double click home button then swipe up app to quit.

My wife's iPhone 4 battery is getting hammered :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple have deals already in place with European record companies, so it shouldn't take that long for iTunes Radio to get here. We got iTunes Match only a month or two after the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

my apps are already downloaded from the app store and i can open them from there but they are gone from my iphone face as icons?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Liam90 wrote: »
    my apps are already downloaded from the app store and i can open them from there but they are gone from my iphone face as icons?

They are probably on another home screen. Keep swiping.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

mad muffin wrote: »

Have you disabled the app background refresh option?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Think that's catching a lot of people.

• Advertisement

Think that's catching a lot of people.

Yeah my mother updated this morning and thought all her apps were gone as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

lol i feel so stupid :o thanks for you help :)

Have you disabled the app background refresh option?

There is:

Navigon

Pedometer

Reminders

Weather

If I disable those then they will be virtually useless.

I really think it something else.

Apps do not run in the background like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Apple have deals already in place with European record companies, so it shouldn't take that long for iTunes Radio to get here. We got iTunes Match only a month or two after the US.

If you sign into the iTunes store on your US account, you get iTunes radio. Therefore I keep one of my iPhones permanently on a US account, and listen to iTunes radio from that via Airplay.

There is:

Navigon

Pedometer

Reminders

Weather

Have a read of this - here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

ive been trying to figure out how to do this but cant. checked on forums etc no answer

so in Safari, when I open up a new tab, its presents me with a page with 3 nice icons

Apple, Yahoo, Disney

And you just click on them and it brings you to the website
    Think this is called "favorites"

How in the fook do I add my own favorites to this screen ?

like if I want to add boards touch to this favorites screen, anyone know how to do it ?

There is:

Navigon

Pedometer

Reminders

Weather

What about Location Services? Any apps misbehaving?

You should also turn on the Status Bar Icon in System Services so you know when the system is using Location Services. You might need to disable some of them. There are particularly prone to bugs which can destroy battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Further to my earlier observations regarding toggling mode in Camera.app in the GM, this has turned out to be, well, tripe. There is no bug, it works fine.

As I see it either I am a complete buffoon or Apple's new interface isn't all that intuitive in parts.

You don't tap to toggle, you swipe.

(Russian accent) Simples.

ive been trying to figure out how to do this but cant. checked on forums etc no answer

so in Safari, when I open up a new tab, its presents me with a page with 3 nice icons

Apple, Yahoo, Disney

And you just click on them and it brings you to the website
    Think this is called "favorites"

How in the fook do I add my own favorites to this screen ?

like if I want to add boards touch to this favorites screen, anyone know how to do it ?

You can add sites you your favourites in Bookmarks.

• Advertisement

What about Location Services? Any apps misbehaving?

You should also turn on the Status Bar Icon in System Services so you know when the system is using Location Services. You might need to disable some of them. There are particularly prone to bugs which can destroy battery life.

The only ones that are on are:

Mobile network search

Setting time zone

Wifi networking

You can add sites you your favourites in Bookmarks.

I tried , went to
    Bookmarks > favorites > edit

No option to add bookmarks as far as I can see

I can only add a new FOLDER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

culabula wrote: »
    If you sign into the iTunes store on your US account, you get iTunes radio. Therefore I keep one of my iPhones permanently on a US account, and listen to iTunes radio from that via Airplay.

Ha never even thought of that. Might give it a go when I get home.

I tried , went to
    Bookmarks > favorites > edit

No option to add as far as I can see

I can only add a new FOLDER

Favourites is just a folder in Bookmarks. You add to it the same way you organise any of your other bookmarks - by moving an existing bookmark to it. Just find the bookmark you want, tap Edit, then tab the bookmark and change the location to Favourites. Or go to the site, add bookmark and save it to Favourites.

Favourites is just a folder in Bookmarks. You add to it the same way you organise any of your other bookmarks - by moving an existing bookmark to it. Just find the bookmark you want, tap Edit, then tab the bookmark and change the location to Favourites. Or go to the site, add bookmark and save it to Favourites.

oh ok, have it now

you have to open the site you want to favroite, then press the middle softkey, press bookmark, and make sure the "location" is favorites and press save.

It will then appear in this favorites screen when you open a new tab.

anyone know in safari if there is a quick way to scroll to the very bottom of a page.
    I know you can scroll to the top by tapping on teh top of the screen , but anyone know if you can quickly scroll to the very bottom of a web page ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

oh ok, have it now

you have to open the site you want to favroite, then press the middle softkey, press bookmark, and make sure the "location" is favorites and press save.

It will then appear in this favorites screen when you open a new tab.

or if you have a list of bookmarks currently saved, you can edit, and change the locations of each one to the favourites folder without having to click on each site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

jipMk2E.png

Just discovered the the Radio icon does now actuallly appear in the bottom dock but says it's unavailable when I click on Start Listening.

Must be on the way for Ireland so and it's ad free for iMatch subscribers which I am so that is great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

What's the story with weather in notifications? I don't see an option to include it on my wife's iPhone 4 and I don't see an option to remove it from my iPad 3.

Same for me on 5 neither weather or shares are updating and no advice on tech sites. Notifications are switched on - any ideas please. The double click which leads you to all open apps raises an interesting question as to whether it's wasting battery

Advertisement