Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

johnsds wrote: »
    Hi, when will this be available for the iPod?

Have a touch screen iPod 16gb, Version 6.1.3 ( 10b329 ) Model ME178BT/A

4th gen I assume? It won't. It's 5th gen only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

culabula wrote: »
    Just means it's available to you when you want it -but no need for it to take up room unnecessarily.

I'm trying to download "master of puppets" and it's just streaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭johnsds

4th gen I assume? It won't. It's 5th gen only.

Hmm how do I find this out?

I'm trying to download "master of puppets" and it's just streaming?

This is gas, nothing will play from iTunes??? anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

This is gas, nothing will play from iTunes??? anyone?

I saw that bug in the betas. A restart helped.

• Advertisement

Will do that , it's like everything is muted. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Insanely slow on iPhone 4... ughhhhhhhhhh!

Holsten wrote: »
    Insanely slow on iPhone 4... ughhhhhhhhhh!

I actually find it faster that 6.

Good man, that worked.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Where is the control centre on the iPad located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

James__10 wrote: »
    Where is the control centre on the iPad located?

Same place as iPhone, swipe up from the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No way, the new animations it does slows the phone down loads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Anyone having problems with itunes 11? I already downgraded to itunes 10 but then with the ios 7 it needed itunes 11. My itunes store doesn't work this happened the last time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

I just started downloading it. It's telling me 21 hours?? WTF??:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When I go to updates (ipad2) I just get this

rvx9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Cant see my phone in intunes wirelessly...

was fine before 11.1

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Mine too. Slick and smooth :D

Cant see my phone in intunes wirelessly...

was fine before 11.1
    Try quitting iTunes and restarting it. Sometimes I find that it is invisible and sometimes it isn't. Otherwise ... plugitin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Lisha wrote: »
    All my photos have been deleted, and all games apps deleted.

Your photos should still be there, it unseeingly takes some time for them to show up. So far I've not noticed anything wrong with my few games

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm using eircom wifi on iphone4.
    Have downloaded iOS 7
    But I'm finding general web browsing, boards, etc SO SLOw

Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

All my photos have been deleted, and all games apps deleted.

Try a hard reset. Then check your itunes sync settings.. did you sync with photos and apps turned off ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Your photos should still be there, it unseeingly takes some time for them to show up. So far I've not noticed anything wrong with my few games

No as I had no Space fir iOS 7 I transferred all pics to laptop and deleted all kids games apps.
    Am synced to iCloud so they prob will drop back

But I'm finding internet so slow
    It takes ageees to go from one page to another on boards and other sites are slow too

Thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

In the old iTunes....didnt you use to be able to move your apps when your phone was plugged in?
    As in sort them on your phone in itunes and then sync, so all your apps are sorted?

Mine are completely messed up since the update...no folders..#

Edit: Got it!
    instead of dragging the apps on he screens on the right
    you have to drag the app from the list on the left onto the screen you want it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Just a heads up for people activating iMessage and FaceTime that are on 48 you now need to have credit in your 48 account for the activation SMS it's 25c they never charged before but do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

So far I seem to have been amongst the lucky ones, I don't use cloud, and I have all my pics and video and folders exactly as I left them, this was not the case after previous updates.

I like some of the stuff, was annoyed trying to find search, the updater told me that Spotlight was moved ~ what's that I asked don't it ~ but I did, just never knew what it was called.

Gestures are now getting too complex, swipe down, swipe left, swipe right, swipe up, swipe down from center of screen.

I'm overall not too keen, the UI needed freshening up but apps like the clock have definitely gone the Microsoft kindergarten way.

I do like swipe from left side to reveal the front torch, it's just how I'd lay it out so grand like.

I'm an iPhone 4, initially impressed but Apple chose a shiiiity colour for me so I must change that pronto.

As the day wears on, not liking it so much, battery is 40% I usually plug in my iPhone at night with 70% remaining, I was plugged in for the download and update. [?] one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

colm_mcm wrote: »
    When I go to updates (ipad2) I just get this

rvx9.jpg

Plug your iPad in buddy.

Just a heads up for people activating iMessage and FaceTime that are on 48 you now need to have credit in your 48 account for the activation SMS it's 25c they never charged before but do now.

I didn't encounter an SMS for activating iMessage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

I like some of the stuff, was annoyed trying to find search, the updater told me that Spotlight was moved ~ what's that I asked don't it ~ but I did, just never knew it what it was called.

Just curious... what do people search for using the search function? I have never used it and it used to just annoy me when i over-scrolled to that screen. At least iOS7 sorts that out.

So far I seem to have been amongst the lucky ones, I don't use cloud, and I have all my pics and video and folders exactly as I left them, this was not the case after previous updates.

I like some of the stuff, was annoyed trying to find search, the updater told me that Spotlight was moved ~ what's that I asked don't it ~ but I did, just never knew it what it was called.

Gestures are not getting too complex, swipe down, swipe left, swipe right, swipe up, swipe down from center of screen.

I'm overall not too keen, the UI needed freshening up but apps like the clock have definitely gone the Microsoft kindergarten way.

I do like swipe from left side to reveal the front torch, it's just how I'd lay it out so grand like.

I'm an iPhone 4, initially impressed but Apple chose a shiiiity colour for me so I must change that pronto.

As the day wears on, not liking it so much, battery is 40% I usually plug in my iPhone at night with 70% remaining, I was plugged in for the download and update. [?] one to watch.

Change is always uncomfortable. I am liking it more with each passing hour. The colours are largely influenced by the background. Change to a different image and it may be more to your liking. I haven't charged mine since yesterday and I am still on 30% so no battery issues here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just curious... what do people search for using the search function? I have never used it and it used to just annoy me when i over-scrolled to that screen. At least iOS7 sorts that out.

but now if you scroll top-down by accident the search option comes out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    names in contacts, apps you forget where they are, content of email history etc. I use it a lot.

Advertisement