Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Piliger wrote: »
    Change is always uncomfortable. I am liking it more with each passing hour. The colours are largely influenced by the background. Change to a different image and it may be more to your liking. I haven't charged mine since yesterday and I am still on 30% so no battery issues here :-)

+1 on this - I changed my background to a darker image - a stock planet earth one and it made a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I didn't encounter an SMS for activating iMessage ?

iMessage wasn't activating for me so I put €1 on my 48 account hey presto iMessage worked checked my account and it was 75c so I assume they charged me I'll log a support request with 48 just to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Just updated my iPad 2 - anyone finding it a bit sluggish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

pedatron wrote: »
    Plug your iPad in buddy.

Yes but should it not show an update for ios7 and not 6.1.3

(Still the same when plugged in)

jvl5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just updated my iPad 2 - anyone finding it a bit sluggish?

Yes, me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes but should it not show an update for ios7 and not 6.1.3

(Still the same when plugged in)

jvl5.jpg

I'm an idiot. Sorry. Maybe install that and then 7.0 will come up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just curious... what do people search for using the search function? I have never used it and it used to just annoy me when i over-scrolled to that screen. At least iOS7 sorts that out.

I have a lot of apps installed, even with the folders [organised] [!!!] I find it easier to just search, looking for "s" Speedtest is there instantly, and it's usually what I want.

It's just like searching from start in Windows 7, again a thing I do a lot instead of this mindless folder searching, when I actually want to do something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody else come Across this, I've updated 4 phones and this occurred on 2 of them.

Once updated and up and running, their email icon will display 4,322 unread emails, some dating back to 2007!

This has occurred on yahoo mail and hotmail.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just curious... what do people search for using the search function? I have never used it and it used to just annoy me when i over-scrolled to that screen. At least iOS7 sorts that out.

There was always that one app that I found never find, mainly an post and I had to search each time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

kceire wrote: »
    Anybody else come Across this, I've updated 4 phones and this occurred on 2 of them.

Once updated and up and running, their email icon will display 4,322 unread emails, some dating back to 2007!

This has occurred on yahoo mail and hotmail.
    Many threads about this. Check out google. Best thing is to simply delete the account and create it again using IMAP, through adding in the "other" section. Check for the settings on google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I have a lot of apps installed, even with the folders [organised] [!!!] I find it easier to just search, looking for "s" Speedtest is there instantly, and it's usually what I want.

It's just like searching from start in Windows 7, again a thing I do a lot instead of this mindless folder searching, when I actually want to do something.

I use search all the time as I can never remember what folder I put an app in.
    Great for searching e-mail as well.

To be honest I don't see how people can use an iPhone properly without unless you only have 10 apps or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

An issue, I see my new pictures are going into the Camera Roll folder and not the My Photo Stream and they are not appearing on my PC via WiFi.

I know this happened previously, can't remember the fix.

Many threads about this. Check out google. Best thing is to simply delete the account and create it again using IMAP, through adding in the "other" section. Check for the settings on google.

Thanks, I deleted the account from the phone and re connected them. It still popped up with xxxx emails, but after 5 mins it simply refreshed itself back to normal. Thanks.

iMessage wasn't activating for me so I put €1 on my 48 account hey presto iMessage worked checked my account and it was 75c so I assume they charged me I'll log a support request with 48 just to be sure.
    A search on 48 produce this reply to a forum question about this:

"The issue here is that 48 is not recognised as an official carrier by Apple.

"When members are trying to activate their iMessage/Facetime they get an error unless they have credit of 25c on their account. When iMessage gets activated it will automatically try by using the user’s Apple ID which then fails because we are not a recognised carrier.

It then tries to activate by SMS. This SMS is sent to a UK number hence why the 25c credit is needed. Unfortunately it appears that in certain circumstances like returning from abroad iMessage will require activation again so a further 25c credit is required.
    Having enough credit for the activation is the best way to solve this issue until Apple recognises 48 as official carrier."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Yes the activation is actually a text charged at 25c, I had the exact same. I think the phone texts the Apple servers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mactheknife19

When I sync my music from iTunes all the song come accross. But when I go to play them some have the iCloud icon which downloads them, some have no icon to the right of song name and the play ok, but then there is a group with what looks like a red stop button and these don't appear to play. Any suggestions. I done full phone restore and back from iTunes restore.
    Anyone with a fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Herrick wrote: »
    Yes the activation is actually a text charged at 25c, I had the exact same. I think the phone texts the Apple servers or something.

It's funny that before the update I didn't have to pay the 25c but I guess it's that way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Anyone with an iPad (mines an iPad 2 32GB WiFi only model) have it go into a reboot loop? Updated with no problem last night, was watching tv earlier and browsing boards, battery was at 4% and suddenly the spinning wheel appears and it's been in a reboot loop since. Like the idiot I am (gonna have to change my username after this :o ) I forgot to back up before or after the update. I've the iPad attached to the computer in recovery mode and iTunes is downloading iOS 6.3 as I type....aaaargh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

A search on 48 produce this reply to a forum question about this:

"The issue here is that 48 is not recognised as an official carrier by Apple.

"When members are trying to activate their iMessage/Facetime they get an error unless they have credit of 25c on their account. When iMessage gets activated it will automatically try by using the user’s Apple ID which then fails because we are not a recognised carrier.

It then tries to activate by SMS. This SMS is sent to a UK number hence why the 25c credit is needed. Unfortunately it appears that in certain circumstances like returning from abroad iMessage will require activation again so a further 25c credit is required.
    Having enough credit for the activation is the best way to solve this issue until Apple recognises 48 as official carrier."

Afaik all carriers get charged the text to a uk number for activation but some waive the charge, O2 being one of them.

guil wrote: »
    Afaik all carriers get charged the text to a uk number for activation but some waive the charge, O2 being one of them.

+1

Meteor charge too but will refund it opinion a support request on the forums or twitter or FB etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

pedatron wrote: »
    I'm an idiot. Sorry. Maybe install that and then 7.0 will come up?

That worked, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When I swipe left in iMessage it gives the time for each text, instead of a time at the top of each group.
    Is that new in iOS7 or did I just never know about it.

Feature I just discovered: When you pull up all open apps with a double click, you can quit two at a time by using two fingers :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Mellor wrote: »
    When I swipe left in iMessage it gives the time for each text, instead of a time at the top of each group.
    Is that new in iOS7 or did I just never know about it.

It's a new feature in iOS7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Great review here for deciding whether or not to upgrade your iPhone 4 to iOS7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Seeing some decent enough battery performance. Full charge after the iOS update last night. Right down to 1% now but getting over 24 hours battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Feature I just discovered: When you pull up all open apps with a double click, you can quit two at a time by using two fingers :-)

Three at a time also possible.

Should have a kill all button though.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Is this a bug....
    When I use spotlight search to search for a key word in messages(text), it only searches for new messages i.e ones that that have been received since ios 7 installed

Anyone try this.... i have LOADS of texts that i sometimes search back on for keywords

cramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a new feature in iOS7
    About time imo
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Three at a time also possible.

Should have a kill all button though.

I've no idea why this is yet to be brought in. Incredibly obvious, and I can;t imagine its difficult to achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

In settings and then usage there is no total call duration anymore. Is this option gone or is it somewhere else in the settings menu ?

Advertisement