Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

Ipad 3, left to charge overnight from 15%. Currently at 60%. Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just got a notification to update to 7.0.1 already, 'bug fixes and improvements'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Hate the way when moving the screen if you swipe to quick from left to right it goes back a page can this be changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

cramp wrote: »
    Is this a bug....
    When I use spotlight search to search for a key word in messages(text), it only searches for new messages i.e ones that that have been received since ios 7 installed

Anyone try this.... i have LOADS of texts that i sometimes search back on for keywords

cramp

I always found when searching for messages that if the message was higher than the load more bar that it wouldn't show up. It was that way in iOS 6 as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

The missus is sending me texts and they are coming in with her email address ?, mine to her also?

• Advertisement

The missus is sending me texts and they are coming in with her email address ?, mine to her also?

iMessage must be set to receive at that email only

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

When you click on an existing page in Safari to enter a new web link that page with the Bing icon on the iPhone and with Disney and Yahoo icons on the iPad comes up. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I'm finding it very annoying.

Using Twitter & Whatapp apps every time i click into them 'Connect itunes to push notifications' comes up. Again, does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just got a notification to update to 7.0.1 already, 'bug fixes and improvements'.

iPad or phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭micks_address

i updated my wifes phone last night.. my first impressions is that it looks a lot more colourful... almost cartoonish.. does it improve battery life on the iphone5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

iPad or phone?

I just got a 5s and it's on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Decobuzz wrote: »
    When you click on an existing page in Safari to enter a new web link that page with the Bing icon on the iPhone and with Disney and Yahoo icons on the iPad comes up. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I'm finding it very annoying.

You can't get rid of Favourites, but you can change the sites listed using Bookmarks. Or you can set it to use a different folder in Safari settings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

7.0.1 is 5S/5C only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just curious... what do people search for using the search function? I have never used it and it used to just annoy me when i over-scrolled to that screen. At least iOS7 sorts that out.

You could turn spotlight search off in iOS6 ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kceire wrote: »
    Anybody else come Across this, I've updated 4 phones and this occurred on 2 of them.

Once updated and up and running, their email icon will display 4,322 unread emails, some dating back to 2007!

This has occurred on yahoo mail and hotmail.

Just to follow up on this, we thought it was sorted.
    But she woke up this morning to 5500 inbox emails!

iPhone 5
    iOS 7
    Hotmail email

Just to follow up on this, we thought it was sorted.
    But she woke up this morning to 5500 inbox emails!

iPhone 5
    iOS 7
    Hotmail email

Are using POP? Try switching to IMAP. And make sure email sync for those accounts is turned off in iTunes if you are syncing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Piratez wrote: »
    In settings and then usage there is no total call duration anymore. Is this option gone or is it somewhere else in the settings menu ?
    That's now in Settings=> Mobile

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Are using POP? Try switching to IMAP. And make sure email sync for those accounts is turned off in iTunes if you are syncing.

I did notice a POP setting alright in there but that seems to be auto filled in when she adds her hotmail email and password.

She has iCloud backup and I have the mail off as I don't see the need to back up a 3rd party email in the phone as it will be on the hotmail servers anyway.

Do I amend the POP on the phone or on PC?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

I did notice a POP setting alright in there but that seems to be auto filled in when she adds her hotmail email and password.

She has iCloud backup and I have the mail off as I don't see the need to back up a 3rd party email in the phone as it will be on the hotmail servers anyway.

Do I amend the POP on the phone or on PC?
    Thanks.
    Have a look at this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23021975#23021975

It looks as if a solution may be:

''if you have hotmail delete the account on your phone . Add it back as an exchange email account. Then once you have done that go and edit that account in the settings choosing how far you want your mail to go back to and how much mail u want to show. Eg 3 days 1 week and so on. This is what helped me. If u don't have hotmail try it anyway. Then u can select all as read messages.''

As said above, you might need to delete the account and re-add it as an Exchange account, or by manually entering the Hotmail IMAP server.
    iCloud won't backup third party email. That setting is for Apple's own iCloud email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Apple doesn't have a kill all button because those apps in the list are the most recent apps not running apps. None of them may be running.

• Advertisement

There's also no search bar in the right hand side like there used to be instead. Instead i've to type in google.ie and search for there. The new Safari has been horrible so far

There's also no search bar in the right hand side like there used to be instead. Instead i've to type in google.ie and search for there. The new Safari has been horrible so far

The address bar is also a search bar. Type what you want and it will open in google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Apple doesn't have a kill all button because those apps in the list are the most recent apps not running apps. None of them may be running.

Agreed, most people don't believe/understand this and think that you have to close all apps to protect battery (really see that a lot).

Sometimes though an app does get stuck and drains battery and you don't know which so a kill all would be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When you're on the home screen, swipe downwards from the middle of the screen and the search bar will appear.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, most people don't believe/understand this and think that you have to close all apps to protect battery (really see that a lot).

Sometimes though an app does get stuck and drains battery and you don't know which so a kill all would be handy.

Yeah. Although prior to ios 7 they should be ejected by the system after a few minutes. Not sure what background app refresh does though.

seamus wrote: »
    When you're on the home screen, swipe downwards from the middle of the screen and the search bar will appear.

I think he meant the search box on the top right of safari or else the way you could use spotlight to search the internet as well as the phone

guil wrote: »
    I think he meant the search box on the top right of safari or else the way you could use spotlight to search the internet as well as the phone

He didn't get it was a unified search bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yeah. Although prior to ios 7 they should be ejected by the system after a few minutes. Not sure what background app refresh does though.

My understanding is that it will keep your apps up to date.

For example if you open Twitter it will be up to date without having to be refreshed.

Good idea but no idea what impact it will have on battery.

He didn't get it was a unified search bar.

You're right. I didn't. Thanks

• Advertisement

Only 59 more songs to re-download, haven't a clue why only half of some of them came over when I updated on the 4, worked fine on the 5. The weird thing is I have to do it through the app, iTunes on the PC tells me everything is there on the phone??

Advertisement