Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭juniorBman

That's worked folks. Thanks v much for your help

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had my 4s and iPad2 jail broken and updated to iOS 7.
    I find battery seems to have improved and generally performance is zippier.
    I do like the look and feel of it, I think I had them set up a bit dark and gloomy previously, so the new look is a nice change of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭McGrath5

How are people finding the music app?

It is crashing a lot for me on my iPhone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

McGrath5 wrote: »

I love it. Clear and straight forward. Nothing has crashed since I updated on update night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

One major gripe I have with the Music app is that if you have a lot of albums from one artist, they make it exceptionally cumbersome to get to the later albums (as they're organised by year). It's relatively stable though apart from that stupid grid album thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Has the option to forward text messages been removed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Has the option to forward text messages been removed?

No. Hold down on the offending message, then press "more" from the pop-up message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone update their 5th gen iPod Touch to iOS 7? I'm reluctant to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

HI GUYS

I downloaded ios7 and now my I phone 4 is disabled.Anyone know how to fix this please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Keno wrote: »

Why reluctant? Worried abut performance or that you won't like the update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Is anyone else having an issue with the mail app? I keep having to manually mark all emails as read to get rid of the red bubble claiming that I have 2000+ new emails across a few different accounts. I go to edit, mark all as read, that seems to resolve it for a while, then the next time I check, it happens all over again, it'd a tad annoying to say the least. I tried deleting the email account and re-adding it, but it's the same story...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Yup, working perfectly, no issues so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Getting a blurry lockscreen image. It goes back to normal after you switch off the phone. It's happened twice.
    I am on the iPhone 5.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Why reluctant? Worried abut performance or that you won't like the update?

Performance. I've read about too many bugs and people complaining about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

My back button on safari on I phone seems to have a black background I thought that was a white background a few days ago ? Any ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

decies wrote: »
    My back button on safari on I phone seems to have a black background I thought that was a white background a few days ago ? Any ideas ?

You must have activated private browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Passcode lock on my phone after ios 7 download.I dont have any passcode bar the ones i use and none of these working?I have restoreed the phone three times and halfway through says i have network error which i dont.Anyone know anything about this passcode lock?Help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,873 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

McGrath5 wrote: »

Don't like it at all. I used to go artist > album > pick a song but now you can't listen to just one album that way, and shuffle will play them all.

Going into 'Albums' is a pain when you've a few hundred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Very minor quibble but I'd like if the tab symbol in Safari had the number of open tabs on it, as iOS 6 did. Today I noted I had around half a dozen tabs open, all from clicking on links.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Updated on the iPad 2. Seems alright. I still dislike how Youtube pauses when you go to another tab and I preferred when there was a search box on the right (unless this is just hidden). Most of the reaction I've seen is fairly mixed due to bugs, etc.

Fairly ripping through the battery, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Updated on the iPad 2. Seems alright. I still dislike how Youtube pauses when you go to another tab and I preferred when there was a search box on the right (unless this is just hidden). Most of the reaction I've seen is fairly mixed due to bugs, etc.

Fairly ripping through the battery, though.

The address bar now doubles as the search bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I updated mine it messed up my songs nothing syncs properly and all my songs keep skipping so annoying. It does look nice but it has a few problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I know to hard close an app you swipe up,but I can't figure out how to delete them completely

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I know to hard close an app you swipe up,but I can't figure out how to delete them completely

Same as in iOS 6: tap and hold on an app on the home screen and tap the x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

As Sad Professor advised, & if the x's don't appear on the wobbling app icons it means you have restrictions enabled. To disable restrictions on deleting apps go to Settings=> General=> Restrictions, enter your PIN & toggle delete apps to off

I updated mine it messed up my songs nothing syncs properly and all my songs keep skipping so annoying. It does look nice but it has a few problems.

Ouch. Thanks for being my canary in the mine. I will avoid until they release a fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

As Sad Professor advised, & if the x's don't appear on the wobbling app icons it means you have restrictions enabled. To disable restrictions on deleting apps go to Settings=> General=> Restrictions, enter your PIN & toggle delete apps to off

that was it - thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Ouch. Thanks for being my canary in the mine. I will avoid until they release a fix.

I managed to sort it out just had to restore it . The syncing is just a bit more complicated should be fine now. If that happens where the song starts skipping loads of songs it just needs to be restored and add the songs again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

No. You have problems. Millions are not having problems. Try to fix yours by e.g a hard reset. Or a fresh install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

My iphone 5 has stopped working now with any charger, tried a few different car chargers and different wall chargers but everyone of them say accessory may not be supported. Only started this morning and the same after a fresh restore.

I contacted apple through their live chat and they are gonna send out the box and envelope.

Advertisement