Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

adox wrote: »
    Did you download over the air? Needs 50% + battery life to install. Maybe plug into mains/USB and try?

As is typical in these situations. After numerous failed attempts to install, as soon as I hit send on that post, it started to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Mines going ages now and saying 9 hours remaining over wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

L5 wrote: »
    Hate it

What is the point of this?

You can't have had enough time with the new features to pass judgement so you must be basing your judgement purely on the new look is something you will adapt and get used to after a few days.

I've had the Beta for a few months now and I really like it.

Love the new lock screen and photos app.

Biggest plus for me is the control centre.

Loads of stuff in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭jtown

42 mins ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

Updating 2 iPhone 5 over wifi. One is 2 hours remaining and the other is 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Mine had been going about an hour and had 7 left, then it crashed. I started again and now it's saying 3 minutes... SO maybe try a fresh start if yours is taking ages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If anyone has a download time of >1 hour (and you have a good Internet connection) turn your phone to Airplane mode and then back again. I did this and my download went from 14 hours to 32min.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ugh. My download failed with only 16 minutes left. Said I didn't have permission to download. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Downloading direct over a 50Mb connection and telling me 50 minutes remaining. Got to 5 minutes on the first try and it crapped out. Looks like the servers are getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Must admit my initial/gut/whatever reaction is not great.

"Is that it?..." type of thing. I'm due a phone upgrade so was waiting to see this iOS before deciding to maybe move on. Hasn't sold me at all. As mentioned, I'll reserve judgement for awhile yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

I was getting a permission issue on mine - its tethered to itunes. Well I put it into airplane mode, and it downloaded nicely over UPC and is now installing. I suspect if its able to talk to Vodafone/your carrier, that there might be some back and fourth over the mobile network, and thats probably failing from too many request, hence with airplane mode, it skips that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody else think its affect system performance? My iPad 2 seems to be running a little slower on the new build. I also dont like the untextured grey bar at the bottom. I do think the new look icons are cleaner and more modern. My iPad now matches my Windows 8 phone :)

Apps definitely opening slower. Facebook took forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have IOS7 GM installed. Is there any advantage in installing the public release or are they the same thing?

Same bits.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody else think its affect system performance? My iPad 2 seems to be running a little slower on the new build. I also dont like the untextured grey bar at the bottom. I do think the new look icons are cleaner and more modern. My iPad now matches my Windows 8 phone :)

You may be auto downloading a lot of apps. I find it faster. But I've had the beta for a while.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Must admit my initial/gut/whatever reaction is not great.

"Is that it?..." type of thing. I'm due a phone upgrade so was waiting to see this iOS before deciding to maybe move on. Hasn't sold me at all. As mentioned, I'll reserve judgement for awhile yet anyway.

Again you couldn't know all the new features. If this looked the exact same it would be apples best ever update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Early thoughts...

Facebook slow.
    Like the keyboard..less typos with this I'd say.
    A small but annoying thing...before, you could tap on the word phone and the phone app would open...or the safari word...not they won't open until you touch the actual icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Pressure must be easing, it just took 13 min to download it in iTunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Needs 3.2 gb that's a lot of apps I had to delete and photos :-/ . Not downloaded yet could be long night !!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Failed about 3 times over WIFI and the same via iTunes. Going to leave it for a few days, too annoyed to keep at but sure with so many trying to get it there was always going to be issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

How long should it be preparing update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

have to say, i like the new blocked feature

settings > phone > blocked

allows you to block calls, texts and facetime from an unwanted number, handy feature to have,

on the other hand the signal /clock/battery bar has gotten smaller, which while it isn't a problem for me, for my parents who have eye sight issues will be problematic,

also i personally don't like how the base app bar (phone messages settings music) has gotten ridiculously big, and i would like to have 5 apps in there just to shrink them a bit 4 apps looks like its made for big thumbs! :(

also a bit disappointed, when i saw the new lock screen i was hoping it was like android where you could use a pattern to unlock or the 4 digit code :(

on a high note though i do love the new apps and torch and the new access to wifi/bluetooth/aeroplane mode...etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Telling me 20 hours over wifi !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Quick Question just updated to iOS7 how do i change my icloud acc as i used a old email with it but i have changed my apple ID to the new email and the iphone wont let me type in the new email ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Says downloaded, just won't install now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 corda

Same as previous posts, "Update unavailable"on the ipad and its not even starting the download on the Iphone. Have many people successfully downloaded and installed it yet? how long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 happinessfr

Updating my ipad and Iphone...yahoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

mad muffin wrote: »
    How long should it be preparing update?

About half an hour on an iPhone5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Downloaded OTA on iPhone 4 but it's refusing to verify update. Keeps coming back with unavailable. Ipad 3 download on itunes keeps crashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Trying to update my iPhone5. I've downloaded the software and installed it however it now won't active the phone - it says the 'activation server cannot be reached'.

Anyone else having this problem - any ideas what to do?

Is it due to the servers being very busy or is it something else?

Advertisement