Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Installed and seems to be working fine on my 4S. The only problem I have at the moment is that iMessage and FaceTime are not activated - have been awaiting activation for a while now. Has this been an issue for anybody? I'm with 3 ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

wilfitz wrote: »
    My wife only has a 8gb phone and there is not enough space to download the latest update. If I back it up to iCloud and then erase all the data from the phone. Then restore the iPhone from iCloud would it be updated with the latest iOS???

No. That will restore the phone I believe to the last snapshot os and all. I could be wrong on that though as I've only ever used it to migrate to a new phone which was on the same os version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

wilfitz wrote: »
    My wife only has a 8gb phone and there is not enough space to download the latest update. If I back it up to iCloud and then erase all the data from the phone. Then restore the iPhone from iCloud would it be updated with the latest iOS???
    You can update it through iTunes no matter how much free space is on the phone.

I don't know about what you plan. In theory it should work but an iCloud backup isn't as comprehensive as a full backup onto a computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ipad 3 is crawling after install......I've rebooted and even reset but even the keyboard has a delay on typing

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭jtown

tallpaul wrote: »
    Updated iPhone 4S without a hassle yesterday evening. I was getting to know the new OS by 7.30pm. My iPad was much slower even though I started them both at 6pm!! Went to bed with an hour remaining and just left it. All done this morning with everything in place without any fuss.

I like the new gimmick in iMessages where if you scroll up and down very quickly in a message thread, the texts wobble!!

The other cool thing is the new spirit level in the compass app. Went around the house checking various flat surfaces last night!!:o

Handy to get the degrees of a tree in front of you for a golf shot....

Running 32gb iPhone 4S and all is looking good so far.
    Like the look of it for the most part and no bugs that I've come across yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

miralize wrote: »
    Auto-updated probably

Nah, had already switched that option off. Eventually they popped up again, istore must have done another sweep for updates.

General first impressions, I like the look, but is it eating up my battery? Whatsapp developers are a bit slack too, not having an ios7 version ready. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Where is the option or auto update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Under iTunes and appstores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I'm on the beta and no update has been offered - Anyone who was on the beta get offered the public release?

S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I have a scabby 8 gig 4 and I deleted everything except pictures and music and still not enough room for it so I may leave it now and not bother. Can't figure out a way around it because I really don't want to lose my music or photos

@plastik same thing happened my sister but hers did eventually activate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Anyone know if there's anyway to change the lime green sender texts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

FIRST PROBLEM

The charger i have been using for the last year in work, will now not charge the phone :mad:

EDIT

It does actually work, but its picking it up as a non Apple product and thus given you the warning, but it is in fact charging the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I'm on the beta and no update has been offered - Anyone who was on the beta get offered the public release?

S

No didn't get it and still on beta 6 not the GM beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

The "apps" window in the new itunes has been updated. Wider & showing more & folders are now displayed also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

kceire wrote: »
    FIRST PROBLEM

The charger i have been using for the last year in work, will now not charge the phone :mad:

Is it an unofficial charger ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Is it an unofficial charger ?

No, ive edited my original post.
    Its just a warning, but still charges it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple have had to stamp down on third party lightning adapters for security reasons - they were installing trojans and electrocuting people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Anyone know if there's anyway to change the lime green sender texts?
    No, as that's the old green for non-iMessage & blue for iMessage.

The only thing you can do is press the home button 3 times & invert the colours, but that just results in a black backround & the green becomes purple (which is worse) & the blue becomes orange plus inverting the colours changes the colours & backround everywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

S

Yes.

Firstly update iTunes to 11.1.

Connect your phone and you should be able to update.

Sync your phone to ensure it has latest details as backup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes.

Firstly update iTunes to 11.1.

Connect your phone and you should be able to update.

Sync your phone to ensure it has latest details as backup.

Doesn't this involve restoring though? So it's not really an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭WHL

eirlink wrote: »
    last question for tonight .....
    just updated my ipad retina to ios7.

i only bought this at the weekend and activated it on sunday last, so i expected to see the welcome screen to download the 5 x free iwork suite, ( pages, numbers, keymote, imovie & iphoto )

do i have to do anything to prompt this, or just wait, ? or contact apple maybe.
    any ideas.
    tks in advance. off to bed head in mush

I bought a IPad last week and downloaded the new iOS this morning. When I opened the App Store it offered me this suite for free so I did a Download All

Does anyone know with the new FaceTime Audio only feature does the person you are calling have to have iOS7 also or will the call go through to their older iOS FaceTime without video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Does anyone know with the new FaceTime Audio only feature does the person you are calling have to have iOS7 also or will the call go through to their older iOS FaceTime without video?

They will more than likely need iOS7 too

They must have iOS 7.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Updated my iPhone 5 without a problem. I'm a little wary of updating the iPad 3. Airdrop won't work with it. Apple really p!ssed me off as an iPad owner in recent months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Updated the iPhone 4s to Ios7. Does anyone know how you access itunes radio on it, cant seem to find it anywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Vicxas wrote: »
    Updated the iPhone 4s to Ios7. Does anyone know how you access itunes radio on it, cant seem to find it anywhere...

Ireland hasnt got it yet.

Vicxas wrote: »

I'd like to know this too. I was really looking forward to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

iOS7?

• Advertisement

Is there a time span on when it's due in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Horse84

Anyone having problems connecting to to the iTunes Store on iPhone?

Horse84 wrote: »
    Yes, it won't load for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

iOS7?

iTunes Radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Horse84

Also having an issue with my old hotmail account. The mail app is saying that there's a few thousand unread emails every few mins even though they're all marked as read.
    I go into it unread them and then mark them as read and it's grand for awhile until the next push says they're unread again. Very annoying lol

Plastik wrote: »
    Installed and seems to be working fine on my 4S. The only problem I have at the moment is that iMessage and FaceTime are not activated - have been awaiting activation for a while now. Has this been an issue for anybody? I'm with 3 ..
    It seems you're not alone:

''In addition to the issues surrounding iOS 7 installation and app updates, some users are also reporting issues with Apple's activation servers. It's unclear how widespread this is.''

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57603512-37/ios-7-upgraders-reporting-installation-itunes-issues/

What's the story with weather in notifications? I don't see an option to include it on my wife's iPhone 4 and I don't see an option to remove it from my iPad 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Horse84 wrote: »

And ipad mini

This must be the buggies OS install to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've been using this since July, updated my iPad 2 to the public release version this morning and I have to say I thought a lot of little niggles (calendar displays being one of them) were bugs that would be ironed out. Disappointed to see that they weren't. Having played with this on both tablet and phone versions of iOS, I have to say I'm glad I don't use an Apple phone as my daily driver...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

There seem to be a good few issues going around! The update was a well advertised, worldwide release. Might have been smarter for them to stagger it by time zone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

ChewChew wrote: »
    I have a scabby 8 gig 4 and I deleted everything except pictures and music and still not enough room for it so I may leave it now and not bother. Can't figure out a way around it because I really don't want to lose my music or photos

@plastik same thing happened my sister but hers did eventually activate

Backup the photos to Flickr, Dropbox or Copy, perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Doesn't this involve restoring though? So it's not really an update.

Well when I updated, it treated my phone as a new phone and I had to do a restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

All my apps are gone except viber, how do i get them back?

I see there is still no option to set the first day of the week from Sunday to Monday.

And why can't I sign in to iTunes/App store?!

Also why doesn't notifications give me the actual temperature?

Just showers conditions with 35kph winds from the south west..,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Restore from iTunes.

Or, go to the App Store and go to the 'Cloud' tab where you can download them again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mad muffin wrote: »
    I see there is still no option to set the first day of the week from Sunday to Monday.

And why can't I sign in to iTunes/App store?!

Also why doesn't notifications give me the actual temperature?

Just showers conditions with 35kph winds from the south west..,
    settings -> mail,contacts etc..
    then scroll to calendars then the second last option start week on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

null_zpsdd199166.png

Anyone having a problem downloading apps? This comes up for me after I click download but won't let me press ok. I essentially can't go any further.

The App Store has been acting up since yesterday. It's not an iOS 7 problem. Try quitting the app and trying again.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    settings -> mail,contacts etc..
    then scroll to calendars then the second last option start week on.

Very nice!

Is that new for iOS 7 or has it always been there?

Advertisement