Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No reason given for ban

Options
  • 12-09-2013 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I am at a loss as to why I am banned. I have not attacked anyone, not criticised mods, certainly not promoted commercial products. Instead, I have answered in good faith, the questions put to me and mindful of the rules of the forum. I respect all discussion but cannot understand why posts from me are considered undesirable. Can someone please explain. Thank you.
    Ken Ring

Should Ken Ring be allowed to post to boards.ie 0 votes

I have no objection to him posting
    0%
    This forum should not allow posters from outside Ireland
    0%
    He is not welcome here because his ideas are different.
    0%
    This is not a popularity contest. Polls not allowed.
    0%

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Your 1-month ban from Weather will be reviewed in the next couple of days. Please be patient, as we are volunteers with outside commitments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Kenring,
    The main reason given for this 1-month ban had been the result of you using a duplicate account to circumvent an earlier 1-week ban in the Weather forum. The Admin had permanently site banned that duplicate account. Additionally, since 26 January 2013 you had received 3 yellow card warnings, 1 red card infraction, and now 3 bans, issued by 3 different mods and 1 Cmod of this forum. Of these 7 actions, 6 of them had been issued recently since 11 August 2013. Given this duplicate account violation and action history, I find they were fully justified in issuing this 1-month ban.

The fake closed poll at the top of this DRP exemplified your inappropriate style of posting found on the Weather forum that was below standards, trollish, and backseat modding. This must stop.

In the past few hours all 4 of the Weather mods have discussed your posting, and they are willing to allow you one more chance to change your posting style. If you will agree not to use duplicate accounts, not advertise your site or business in the Weather forum, not backseat mod the forum or other member posts, and not contribute to inflammatory/trollish exchanges (i.e., follow the spirit and intent of the Weather forum charter and boards.ie Terms of Use), they are willing to have your forum ban end Thursday, 19 September 2013, reducing your 1-month ban to approximately 1-week.

If you feel that other members of the Weather forum are responding inappropriately in the future (violating charter, etc.), you will not comment about such in-thread, but may elect to officially Report their posts for mod review.

If you agree to these terms, but then violate them in the future, the 4 mods also indicate that you may be banned for 1-year, or perhaps permanently from the Weather forum, depending upon the nature of the offense.

If you disagree with these terms, then your 1-month ban will remain, as I find the mod actions to be reasonable and fully justified.

Please advise me of your decision, either by posting here or by PM.

Sincerely,
    Black Swan

Kenring wrote:
    Thank you for that decision, and thanking your team for the time and trouble to arrive at it. I do accept the conditions and terms.

Request to Admin:
    Please close this DRP as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement