Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Bright Light over 3 Rock Mountain

Options
  • 12-09-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I have been looking at the below light all evening, earlier today I thought it was probably just lights from a sports field somewhere but now at 2am I'm fairly sure its not that.

The photos have been taken from my balcony in Sandymount looking over south Dublin in the direction of 3 Rock Mountain, you can see the RTE transmission tower on the right.

The photos dont really show it correctly, its a bright white light, anyone have any idea what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

There is a sports club right beside the marley park that has very bright floodlights – Wesley college sports ground too. And I think there are a number of similar floodlights in and around ballinteer national school. Although it being a residential area, you are right to assume it is highly unlikely they would be on at 2am. Maybe there was some big event going on at Marley park.

Advertisement