Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauticians

Options
  • 12-09-2013 8:42am

hi want to get brazilian/hollywood done in tullamore or close enough but dont want to pay €60 can anyone recommend somewhere cheaper but good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hi, there are people doing it from home for 25/30 euro, I've never had it done anywhere other than a salon or by a friend though so cannot say for sure if they're good though.

I can recommend Denise, in Beverley's, she's good and not as expensive as everywhere else in tullamore however the last two times she didn't seem to do as good a job as I wanted. I might just be too picky though.

Now, I go to Revive in Portlaoise, half price waxing on a Monday, they're very thorough and for 30 euro it's grand.

They use strip wax though, (which I don't mind but lots of people do) and Denise uses both strip and hot wax, so personal preference really.

Olivia's use waxperts (may be worth paying more for?) and the retreat are just overpriced and a complete waste of money for the service you get, steer clear.

cheers for that. i used to go to girl in portlaoise and she works from home and thought she was very good but just too far to drive unless im over there anyway. so looking now in tullamore.

foxylass wrote: »
    cheers for that. i used to go to girl in portlaoise and she works from home and thought she was very good but just too far to drive unless im over there anyway. so looking now in tullamore.

Well then Denise is your best bet for a cheap wax. There's literally no other salons in the town that does special offers on waxing, except for the retreat occasionally but I'd rather pluck the hair out with a tweezers before going there again.

I used to get the train to Dublin (19 euro) and there'd be salons in around the city centre doing 1/2 waxing or 20 euro Hollywood, and even though I'd have to pay for the train up, I was still saving 20 euro by going to Dublin instead of having it done in tullamore.

yeah thats a good idea about dublin. also means a nice day out in dublin. i was in the retreat before to get tan and make up done and never again. it was brutal. so dont have must confidence in them. you hardly have the name of the place in city centre. thanks a million

I should have a card here somewhere if I can root it out for you I will pm you with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

Could you PM with contact details of person in Portlaoise? Looking for someone good at waxing that's reasonably priced. Thanks

Advertisement