Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nook HD+ & CyanogenMod question

• 12-09-2013 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Bought the Nook HD+ 16GB off adverts and former owner had loaded up Cyanogenmod. Not an issue for me as Android user but had never have cracked a tablet before. After some initial problems(Kindle app) with app's not working I have got the hang of what I need to do etc if app's are not loading....

So the next big one. Is there a way to get Sky go working? I have checked Sky go forum and says the Nook is not supported yet. If I go onto Google Play it says the same.

Is there a way to get around this? browser even I can install to just play the feed via the web browser like I can do on my laptop?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Mossy

Have a look here, particularly the third post, from last Friday.
    In July we committed to enabling access to Sky Go on Android Tablets, and during the last 6 weeks we have had over 100 staff using the application across a selection of popular devices. Based on the results of these trials, I am pleased to announce that we are shortly going to be ready to invite customers to join our Beta Trial.

In the next few days we're going to be publishing details on the forum of how to join the customer Beta and on device support

So they're trialling soon (should be this week) on some Android Tablets, but you won't know which until they announce details of the trial.

There is no way to get this to work unless Sky releases a version for Nook HD+, so for now just keep an on the Sky forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Even if your tablet officially gets Sky Go, it most likely won't work for you as your tablet is rooted. The Sky Go app checks to see if your device is rooted, and will refuse to launch if it is.

If this happens you'll have to weigh up the pros and cons of reverting your Nook to stock unrooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Mossy

There are some ROMs you can boot from a micro SD card in the Nook HD+. This means that you can have one ROM on the device and another on the card, when you turn on the Nook with the memory card in, the ROM from the card is used, otherwise the ROM on the device itself is used. No need to make any modifications to the ROM on the device to make this work.

One option then, if it comes to it, is to put the stock Nook HD+ ROM onto a card and use that to watch Sky Go.

Another option would be to put the stock ROM back onto the device, and if you want/need to you can put Cyanogenmod onto a card.

Either way, you'd need to learn something about getting a ROM onto a card or onto the device. Of course this is all moot if SKy don't release Go for the Nook HD+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Good advice there Mossy. Dual boot sounds like a good option to try if the app becomes available for the Nook HD.

Advertisement