Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel allowance

Options
  • 11-09-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anybody know if the travel allowance applys to fetac level seven?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you mean the VTOS Travel Allowance then the answer is probably no. VTOS is a scheme that usually operates in adult education centers. The highest level of qualification available through adult ed is FETAC level 6. Anything at level 7 or higher is offered through an Institute of Technology/ other HEI so VTOS isn't an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ja50n

That sounds right. Thanks. I was wondering because you can get a travel allowance when on back to education allowance at plc level.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ja50n wrote: »
    That sounds right. Thanks. I was wondering because you can get a travel allowance when on back to education allowance at plc level.

No - only on vtos

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement