Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from the Dark Side!!

• 12-09-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Decided that I am moving to Android after 4 iphones and am looking at S4, Note 3 or the HTC One and it seems to be a toss up depending on personal choice.

Now I will be in the States next month and was considering purchasing a Sim free one there until I discovered that there seems to be different versions of the 4G network (LTE).

Can anybody advise on the differences as I saw that some 4G phones won't work on certain networks and with the impending arrival of 4G here what system will be used here?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

I had heard in relation to the iPhone 5s that they used different LTE radios for the European and US models, but that it only made a difference for your warranty...(ie: if you bought it in the us, it would have to be sent back to the us to be fixed, rather than through an apple store here)..anyway, my point is that possibly there is a different LTE radio....I pretty sure that as long as you're buying a GSM version of the phone and not a CDMA version, it should work fine.

Advertisement