Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Fine but Phone not working.

• 12-09-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else had issues with the phone supplied by UPC?

Have had the phone since June with no problems but in the last day or so it seems to have gone haywire.

When I got into the answering machine all I get is a load fuzzy feedback noise. When I ring the phone and its answered it is just blank. Just now it has stopped even making outgoing calls. I have just rang it again there and their is a dial tone from me but the phone isn't ringing.

Its a Gigaset A220.

I use the phone at work so its vital I have it working.

Before going through the hassle of going to UPC and waiting for them to sort it I'm wondering does anyone know if it would be easier to just go buy a handset myself than rely on the gigaset one that came from UPC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

YOu should try another handset first to see if it is the problem or if its a line quality issue.

How old is the phone that youi got from UPC?

If its still in warranty they should replace it if it is faulty.

You could also try contacting the UPC Reps over on the Talk to UPC forum - ask a mod to move the thread over there rather than double posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Got someone to bring the home phone up to work and it seems to be working perfectly so far.

Looks like the issue was the handset alright.

Cheers.

Advertisement