Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets plays on Youtube

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Research indicates did an amazing lets play of Trespasser. He did a freaking amazing job, its a shame he does not do it anymore :(. Its a must watch for anyone. In my opinion thats how lets play should be done.

I watched this after reading about it here. Good LP nice change of pace to most LPs. Does he do more?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I watched this after reading about it here. Good LP nice change of pace to most LPs. Does he do more?

He did one more, but he is not doing them anymore. He is just freaking genius though. His voice, knowladge, preparation, humour is just top class. In fact I am watching it from episode 1 again, while playing warframe. Already watched it twice from start...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

bizmark wrote: »
    This was a few months ago now so my recollection isnt 100% but he had a complete melt down on twitter tweeting to a female contribute to "thatguywiththeglasses"that he also worked for that he was going to "tie her up in his basement and love her till she likes it" or something to that effect which was all dragged up over twitter while spoony was going ballistic at anything and everyone due to an undefined mental issue he himself admitted to suffer from not sure if he ever stated what it for sure but to me it seemed bi-polar

Edit the tweet -
    @TheSpoonyOne
    @JesuOtaku Y'know, if things don't work out with you and @Nash076, I'd be happy to chain you to a pipe in my basement and love you. My way.

Seems pritty classless but harmless if he wasnt haveing a bit of an episode that made it look and read a whole lot worse and he ended up getting fired for it

My what was aimed at you saying manic depressive as if it was a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Am I allowed to say I watch myself? :o
    nesf wrote: »
    The first and third I've been following for a fair while.
    Ditto. I even know MD quite a fair bit, do the odd Minecraft collab stream when he remembers to stream his playing on the server :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Ditto. I even know MD quite a fair bit, do the odd Minecraft collab stream when he remembers to stream his playing on the server :rolleyes:

I mostly watch MD's Civ stuff. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

nesf wrote: »
    My what was aimed at you saying manic depressive as if it was a bad thing.

No course not im awear of how these things can just effect people just seemed manic depressive to me no offense intended nesf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I love Chris Smooves lets plays, awesome voice and a very capable gamer.
    Watching his The Last of Us lets play was like watching a movie, the best lets play I've ever watched.

I also like Tmartn's lets plays although his gaming skill outside of Call of Duty can be sometimes lacking :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I love Chris Smooves lets plays, awesome voice and a very capable gamer.
    Watching his The Last of Us lets play was like watching a movie, the best lets play I've ever watched.

I also like Tmartn's lets plays although his gaming skill outside of Call of Duty can be sometimes lacking :/

Ooooohh man I can't stand Chris Smoove. Ahahaaaaaaa.

Speaks like he's in a hip hop video all the time. Ahahaaaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

bizmark wrote: »
    +1 for jefmayor easily the funnest letsplayer on youtube has a very natural easy presence very unlike the mostly squeaky voiced Americans, mumbling terrified types or 40 year old man children putting on a very annoying show.....Or pretentious pricks like TotalBiscuit "youtubes number 1 critic" ya dont let that go to your head to much there buddy.

Thewinterowl is good for kerbal space program and flight sims hes a chill guy but sterotypical "nerd" type of personality his sense of humor is more about how somethings climb rate isnt quite right and tbh id put jef's IL2 and kerbal series above anything hes done still good for a watch though.
    On the same note Scott manley does the same sorta thing but is a real world rocket scientist or some ****.

Spoony did one really good lets play of swat 4 thats worth a look back when he wasnt a manic depressant who dresses up like girls and makes rape threats on twitter the good old days
    I loved his IL2 and kerbal space program lets play.
    He admits to "not being great" at those games ... lies!!!! He is really good at both.

Forgot about Scott Manley actually, love his Kerbal videos. Looks like he is gearing up to do a X-Rebirth one too once its released.

Ya i bought il2 1946 after watching him play it "badly" .....er ya i tryed for hours to learn that game i never even worked out how to trim a aircraft properly never mind do complex combat maneuvers.

Hes bloody terrible at xcom though made me feel better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Agricola wrote: »
    Wouldnt follow them religiously but Ive realized they are a great way to experience games that you probably wont buy. Im interested in seeing Outlast and the new Amnesia but because I already have a huge backlog to play AND Im a bit soft when it comes to horror, Lets Plays get around these predicaments.

But if you look at some channels you can clearly see a massive following of people who now just experience almost all their gaming vicariously though these youtubers. Very strange.

yeah, these guys certainly have no shortage of subscribers. It's quite a big gig on youtube at the moment. Personally though, they're just not my thing. No matter how much I wanted to play a game that was unavailable to me, I couldn't see myself watching through it on youtube as a sunstitute. In fact, I'd imagine it would just bug me more that I couldn't actually play it for myself.

I think of it like a travel show in the sense that just cause you see someone going to rome and seeing the sites doesnt mean you dont wish to experience it yourself or find an interest in it.

Plus you kinda watch them for the entertainment value of the player

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kotha Hirano

i found these guys a few days ago, there called youtube, must be a starter channel, they have some very weird but funny commentary, atm they are playing pokemon, seems little boring and well i only realy watch for the commentary but ah well there irish anyway i wanna see where they go =]

Cheat Code they are playing pokemon fire red with a twist atm,

since i can't put in urls yet

key word search

Cheat Code Moemon i think lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I like to watch quill18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

nintendocaprisun if you're into 16/8-bit stuff. He does alot of modern stuff too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'd watch a lot of strategy games, Quill18 for the likes of Civ/EU4 and Heir of Carthage for Total War.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I watch penguinz0 the odd time if I've nothing better to be at, its incredibly stupid but I love his channel.

Other than him, I don't watch any Let's Plays, wouldn't have a big interest in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

The only ones I watch are Robbaz as previously mentioned and Funhaus made up of the guys who did Inside Gaming with Machinima and joined Rooster Teeth.

I watch penguinz0 the odd time if I've nothing better to be at, its incredibly stupid but I love his channel.

Other than him, I don't watch any Let's Plays, wouldn't have a big interest in them

I actually just found him today and about to recommend him. His video are good timewaster and for a few laughs.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I actually just found him today and about to recommend him. His video are good timewaster and for a few laughs.

" Heavens....to ****ters!"

He's a bit childish but he's a good guy, I can't get enough. Watch his Captain Pronin Series!

• Advertisement

" Heavens....to ****ters!"

He's a bit childish but he's a good guy, I can't get enough. Watch his Captain Pronin Series!

I love his just utterly bored voice. He is very vulgar but he makes real good obscure references.

Will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KatieHennessy

GameSocietyPimps are absolutely hilarious. Their gameplay style is so unique. For example with Skyrim, the characters they make are created with really in-depth personalities and they develop their storyline perfectly to suit them. A video doesn't go by that I don't laugh at!

Also jacksepticeye! Feel like I can relate to him, being Irish and all. :D

Jackscepticeye makes me angry :mad: Genuinely cannot stand his videos.

I built a PC for a mate who does LetsPlays (GodDamnDracula if anyone wants to give him views) and he tries to be like Jack, and its just terrible :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jackscepticeye makes me angry :mad: Genuinely cannot stand his videos.

I built a PC for a mate who does LetsPlays (GodDamnDracula if anyone wants to give him views) and he tries to be like Jack, and its just terrible :pac:

Hes very annoying alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Jacksepticeye is up there with Ali-A in terms of what's wrong with the YouTube gaming community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I watch a load of Maxamilliondude, not sure if he classes as lets play but actually really enjoy him

I watch a load of Maxamilliondude, not sure if he classes as lets play but actually really enjoy him

Im not that into fighting games but I enjoy watching his videos. His Boss Rage series is very well edited and can get you excited even if fighting games arent your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant really grasp the concept of watching other people playing video games.

The kids do and have tried to tell me about the Witcher (game i played 100 hours off and finished). They watch these and i honestly do not get the point of them, is it a review? is it seeing the game before buying?

Umm why do you watch people playing a video game? Would you not rather play the game and have your own opinion?

/ I get it if its MP

Comedy? Most here have stated they find their favourites funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Umm why do you watch people playing a video game? Would you not rather play the game and have your own opinion?

It's part entertainment from the player's commentary; part personality of the player; and in some cases, part down to being able to study the player's strategy or tactics choices and being able to compare them to what you yourself do in-game.

Advertisement