Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets plays on Youtube

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cant really grasp the concept of watching other people playing video games.

The kids do and have tried to tell me about the Witcher (game i played 100 hours off and finished). They watch these and i honestly do not get the point of them, is it a review? is it seeing the game before buying?

Umm why do you watch people playing a video game? Would you not rather play the game and have your own opinion?

/ I get it if its MP

The person is either much better at the game than you and you're learning from watching them, the person is very funny/interesting and you're watching for their story/reactions rather than the game itself or you're watching to see what the game is like before deciding to purchase or not. Usually most kids are watching for the second reason, plus a little "If I can't buy it I can at least watch it."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The kids do and have tried to tell me about the Witcher (game i played 100 hours off and finished). They watch these and i honestly do not get the point of them, is it a review? is it seeing the game before buying?

Umm why do you watch people playing a video game? Would you not rather play the game and have your own opinion?

/ I get it if its MP

Watch maxamillion dudes Shao Khan boss rage from MK9 there is something strangely perverse about watching someone else going through the misery that that you did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Whiteboy7thst streams blackjack and uploads highlights to YouTube, highly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Underground

I like Jim Sterling's letsplays when he's covering a game that isn't obviously awful like tea party simulator or other stuff like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jacksepticeye is up there with Ali-A in terms of what's wrong with the YouTube gaming community.

It sounds like he's trying very hard to be Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It sounds like he's trying very hard to be Irish.

8 seconds in before I closed, what a tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

8 seconds in before I closed, what a tosser

"WELCOME TO A MASSIVE TOSSER SPEAKING LIKE A LEPRECHAUN, I WEAR A PEAKY CAP BECAUSE IM NOT GINGER AND NEED TO KEEP THE IRISH FACADE UP"

Ah its fun to rip into 'famous' people

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

/ I get it if its MP

Genuine question - how can you manage to sink 100hrs in to The Witcher and have kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

quarryman wrote: »
    Genuine question - how can you manage to sink 100hrs in to The Witcher and have kids?

They are not young, still dont get Lets Plays and I even made one with the boy.

Eldest is mad into streaming so we played Insurgency together

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

quarryman wrote: »

It's easy, the first step is installing Minecraft on an old laptop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

nesf wrote: »
    It's easy, the first step is installing Minecraft on an old laptop...

Haha yes. Seen this with my cousin's kids.

"Hmm I need 2 uninterrupted hours of gaming now............ KIDS, IT'S MINECRAFT TIME!" :D

Advertisement