Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-vis coat for Husky

• 12-09-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking into getting some Hi-vis gear for my husky as winter nights are coming in and walks are gonna be night-time walks soon enough (added bonus if for any reason he got off lead I could see him :P)

Anyone got some gear that they can recommend? I use a front connection harness when were walking so that might rule out some coats. Also can't be fleeced as the poor guy would overheat

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I use something like these for my guys, can be seen for miles (nearly) and they don't mind them at all. Can't find the precise ones we have, they have a little flashing and rotating pattern on them.
    Wouldn't fancy my odds getting hi-viz vests on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I just use a reflective bandana on my guy. He also has a light raincoat thats relective so handy for the wet weather and in the dark too - http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/hi_viz/274291 there's no padding in it so doesn't sweat him and it's thin so you can just put the harness on over it. If you buy stuff on zooplus regualrly check the rewards shop - they have the reflective bandanas sometimes so you can get it out of your points for free ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There's this one, specifically for northern breeds so it won't be too heavy or padded.

http://www.snowpawstore.com/active-dog-gear/dog-coats/ruff-wear-track-jacket.html

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tinyter28

Thanks for the posts... Will check them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

There's this one, specifically for northern breeds so it won't be too heavy or padded.

http://www.snowpawstore.com/active-dog-gear/dog-coats/ruff-wear-track-jacket.html

You have discovered the delights of snowpaw store big time. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    You have discovered the delights of snowpaw store big time. :pac::pac::pac:

I have it saved on my favourites list!:D Everything is just so lovely. And well made. And practical. It annoys me no end going into all these massive warehouse sized pet shops that stock the same brands and the same stuff in the same colours (red or black, or red or black, or maybe sometimes blue) and they break or wear out or fray. My pair give stuff a fair amount of abuse out swimming or in the fields running through ditches getting caked in muck. Everybody comments on their lovely collars, they're wearing the purple ones at the minute, as modelled below whilst trying to steal fruit from the trees:o. Well, you can't see the whole collar, but I love the colour against their coat :p

4Z5bnQEl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I have it saved on my favourites list!:D Everything is just so lovely. And well made. And practical. It annoys me no end going into all these massive warehouse sized pet shops that stock the same brands and the same stuff in the same colours (red or black, or red or black, or maybe sometimes blue) and they break or wear out or fray. My pair give stuff a fair amount of abuse out swimming or in the fields running through ditches getting caked in muck. Everybody comments on their lovely collars, they're wearing the purple ones at the minute, as modelled below whilst trying to steal fruit from the trees:o. Well, you can't see the whole collar, but I love the colour against their coat :p

If ever you want anything bigger from them, and shipping costs might put you off, let me know, as Vicky usually goes to the rallies that I go to, and I could bring it back over in the van.

Sorry for hijacking OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tinyter28

Thanks guys for all the answers. placed an order for the jacket

I've a feeling a few paychecks will be going on that site ...

Thanks again

tinyter28 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all the answers. placed an order for the jacket

I've a feeling a few paychecks will be going on that site ...

Thanks again

And it's perfect for a front attach harness too as it's not bulky at the front, just the strap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I feel like a cheapskate, I use the hi vis armbands from lidl that have l.e.d lights on them. They've done me two winters so far and for e6 they're a bargain :)

Must check out that snowpawstore, never heard of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement