Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€3 Nivea put to test against €130 Creme de la Mer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I was given a present of Creme de la Mer by a friend of my sister last Christmas. I very, very rarely use it. It's just too thick and unctuous for my (very oily) skin. And she's right, it takes an absolute AGE to warm up enough so you can put it on without dragging the face off yourself. I tried it for about three weeks, then went back to my €4.99 Aldi Q10 serum. I should really give the CdlM to my mum, she'd love it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I was given a present of Creme de la Mer by a friend of my sister last Christmas.

wow!! That's generous!

I love my CDLM!! My skin has improved so much since I started using it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Hmm, that doesn't surprise me at all, moisturisers have very little effect on the skin except for temporary softening and no long term effects...the exception is one with a good SPF to prevent the damage before it occurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I read that article too and was amazed by it.

I usually use Johnson's 24 Hour Essentials Day Cream because I love how it sinks into my skin really quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft.
    It also provides an excellent base for make-up and isn't thick.
    I had run out of it so I popped into Boots to buy a new jar but they had none.

I saw Nivea Creme, priced at €2.99 (normally €3.99) and because I'd read that article AND had run out of my usual cream, I decided to buy it.
    I put it on last night and when I woke up, my skin felt really soft.

I also put it on this morning but it took HOURS to sink in, so I think it's really only a night cream.

I will have to return to my usual moisturiser for the day time as the Nivea creme is far too thick to use before applying makeup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

All anti-aging creams are BS. They cant get deep enough into the skin to do anything. They cream that is proven to reduce wrinkles is Retin-a which is prescription only. It cause skin to turn over more rapidly than normal and can even convert pre-cancerous skin cells into normal ones.

However its considered a dated anti-aging cream, as glycolic acid is pretty much the same thing. But doesnt cause as much irritation and flaking of the skin like Retin-a.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

very interesting, I've been wondering this for a long time now! I have been using Nivea Pure & natural now for the past year or two, it was more down to the fact that I couldn't afford the more expensive ones anymore, and I saw a blogger recommend the Nivea, so i thought I would try it out. I find it lovely on my skin. I am mid 30's now, so using the Nivea Q10 energising day cream and the Pure & natural anti wrinkle night cream. They absorb so quickly and are so softening. I really love them. I used to use REN, which I loved, but I really love Nivea now and they are always on offer somewhere, so afordable! I also use the cleanser at night to remove make-up and the face wash too!

Advertisement