Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depositing money

Options
  • 12-09-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, just a quick question re depositing money.
    I need to deposit money for rent into my landlord's account asap. 
    Their account is with BOI and I need to deposit cash into their account. I live in Longford, and their account is in Dublin, in the O'Connell St. Branch. 
    Can I bring the cash into the bank and deposit it, and do I need to go to the BOI on O'Connell st, or will it work from Longford? Thank you, 
    Dearbhaile 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Dearbhaile,

You should have no issues lodging the funds through the Longford branch once you have the account details. Please note that they will not be able to place any narrative on the lodgement so you would be best to contact your landlord once you have made the lodgement so he knows where it came from.

Going forward you may be best to set up your landlord as a payee on your own Online Banking or set up a standing order.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement