Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Accounts - Gmail problem

Options
  • 12-09-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, I have a problem when I try to log into Gmail on IE. It used to work fine but when I went to log in this morning I keep getting "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on." I have tried adjusting the cookie settings, clearing history and cookies etc....any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

When you get this message, click on the 'Mail' / 'Gmail' link on the top of the page, this will then bring you back to the login screen. Log in again, and then you should be routed rigth to your mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭legin500

Just had a look at it again. There is no "mail/gmail" link on this page. There are 2 links "google home" and "sign in" neither of these give me any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

hey man this might help you it tells you what to do,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies

click on Block or allow cookies, you can do this for one site or all your schice

Thanks for the reply, I had tried that but still no access to my gmail account

ok well i was trying to avoid the quick answer but try chrome (dont want to seem like the guy that just says that)

Download Chrome

i use it all the time its a lot faster then IE and Firefox. might be worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭Gormal

Have you tried "clear Sites" under the Privacy tab?

No still no joy when I "clear sites". Can't download chrome, its on the work PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

have you tried clearing cache and history and doing the famous reboot?

Or as a quick Google suggests

Set cookies as accepted mode, Open internet explorer and go to Tools>>Internet options>>Privacy>> and click on Advanced button and you will getting Advanced Privacy Settings window, then tick mark these options “override automatic cookies handling” make sure the First party cookies and third party cookies are checked on Accepted then click on OK.

yeah I had googled it and tried all of the above but none of them work. Just to be clear, you are suggesting clearing the cache and history and then restarting the PC? yeah?

have you tried a different browser or only IE ?

• Advertisement

legin500 wrote: »
    yeah I had googled it and tried all of the above but none of them work. Just to be clear, you are suggesting clearing the cache and history and then restarting the PC? yeah?

ya clear cache and history and then reboot PC

Just tried that still not working, pain in the ass at this stage! Also just notice that I cannot log into my internet banking due to "an unauthorised browser action"

also just noticed that when I type in Google.com into the address bar I get redirected to google.de. This is a new development.

looks like you need to talk to a system admin in work - maybe they have made some changes to your set up - are others also having this issue at your workplace?

IE is a bugger to sort out sometimes and the only fix is a PC rebuild as replacing IE on its own sometimes wont work - I have seen this from past experience and if your workplace has a standard PC image then maybe they will just rebuild your PC for you.

You may also have a virus that has slipped through the net - recommend taking your PC off the network if thats the case ASAP

Advertisement