Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap parking in city centre

Options
  • 12-09-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Could anyone suggest where to park in the city centre for 4-5 hours on a weekday?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Isotonik

Castle Court does a £4.50 all day offer although I'm not sure how it compares to places elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Frederick Street is the cheapest, about 40p an hour I think. It's a large carpark that used to be staffed but now has meters so you just pay for however long you need. It's next to the Quaker Meeting House just off the Westlink. 5 mins walk from Royal Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

pay to park?

what an interesting concept!!

I'll walk a mile rather than pay to park.

spent Monday in an office on city end of Lisburn rd and parked 200 yards away on Ulsterville.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dolfinack

Botanic Avenue's side streets are a 15 minute walk from City hall my friend. Closest free parking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

dolfinack wrote: »
    Botanic Avenue's side streets are a 15 minute walk from City hall my friend. Closest free parking.

It can take quite a bit of circling to find a spot tho, particularly during term time. For the convenience of knowing you'll instantly get a spot in one of the cheaper pay carparks, 50p an hour or so isn't too bad.

Advertisement