Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop flashing screen

Options
  • 12-09-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi guys i have few years dell inspiron small 10" when i turn on screen start flashing if i move bit it stops but after while starts flashing again wondering any way to fix it reason i did nor bring to shop because its old and not much expensive thanks for your help

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

hi guys i have few years dell inspiron small 10" when i turn on screen start flashing if i move bit it stops but after while starts flashing again wondering any way to fix it reason i did nor bring to shop because its old and not much expensive thanks for your help

It could be a faulty display panel or a faulty data cable. It could also be as simple as a loose data cable which just needs some taping to ensure it doesn't shift out of the socket. You can replace these things easily enough generally speaking, if your comfortable opening up and working with computers/laptops.
    You can get replacement parts on ebay.
    For a netbook however it may not be worth putting too much time/money into it. I'd definitely check that the data cable is not loose, or being caught by the hinges of the netbook though.

Nick

Advertisement