Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sign on Quay

Options
  • 12-09-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice the erection of the lovely new sign on the quay above that 'tall ships insignia' attached to the old R&H hall buildings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

null_zps4806cfcc.jpg

Impressively pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Desperate stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

FFS - Numptys who ever did that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

**** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While i agree it is terrible to have that on full display to the public, i still got a giggle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

While i agree it is terrible to have that on full display to the public, i still got a giggle!

It's funny for 3 seconds, but come 2014 when it's still there it's not so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I can't read it properly. Do Mulligans have a sale on??

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Just pretend we know what they're on about !! Lol good one lads :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

Ah cnuts I see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Well these artists do like to write their own name or tag :-)
    Says it all really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

robtri wrote: »
    Well these artists do like to write their own name or tag :-)
    Says it all really

If some cretin can get up there to paint it then some trained personel can remove it, whats the hold up?

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

ok i really dont see the point???

why are we angry??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Hijpo wrote: »
    If some cretin can get up there to paint it then some trained personel can remove it, whats the hold up?

Don't think it's difficult to get up there. Saw a video recently of guys doing BMX stunts on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

It would be nice if they'd take down the Tall Ships thing too. It looks pretty pathetic to be advertising something that happened two years ago at this stage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fricatus wrote: »
    It would be nice if they'd take down the Tall Ships thing too. It looks pretty pathetic to be advertising something that happened two years ago at this stage.

Its being replaced with a new one closer to the next event!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ok i really dont see the point???

why are we angry??

If you don't see why people would be annoyed by this then either you are blind or you have little respect for the city,

Its crap like this (people marking buildings like this) that makes a place look run down and a hole,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Mortifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And hot a mention of How Doo? on the Ard Ri!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Sully wrote: »
    Its being replaced with a new one closer to the next event!

Has a date been confirmed for the next one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Made me giggle. Made my walk around town pretty fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Is it still there?

Cabaal wrote: »
    If you don't see why people would be annoyed by this then either you are blind or you have little respect for the city,

Its crap like this (people marking buildings like this) that makes a place look run down and a hole,

dont get narky mate i honestly dont see hwat we are angry about. im obviously just not seeing it.

is it the tall ships advert??

the picture looks very small on the screen so im not sure what we are commenting on. im not being smart....................

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dont get narky mate i honestly dont see hwat we are angry about. im obviously just not seeing it.

is it the tall ships advert??

the picture looks very small on the screen so im not sure what we are commenting on. im not being smart....................

Appears, I think, to be some sort of red graffiti on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

It's the letters C U N T painted in blue on the top of the building.

Gadgie wrote: »
    It's the letters C U N T painted in blue on the top of the building.

Well god bless yer eyes! I didn't spot that and had to double check when you pointed it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

And here I thought it read CLINT....

oh jesus i cant believe i didnt notice that. thats disgraceful. i had no idea what everyone was on about lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

what kind of moron does that. its not clever, not funny, just ignorant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

fricatus wrote: »

Is it anymore pathetic than allowing derelict eyesores that haven't been used in decades to exist? Why there hasn't been a demolition order on these buildings is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Is it anymore pathetic than allowing derelict eyesores that haven't been used in decades to exist? Why there hasn't been a demolition order on these buildings is beyond me.

heres a few reasons:
    probably cost a few million to demolish them considering firstly who owns them? can they afford to knock them, they will obviously say they cant even with a notice. We cant afford to CPO them and knock them. Planning issues. Access (Port, Irish rail, Council?) Asbestos? Environmental issues? Planning nutcases who think we should keep them and renovate them when we clearly wont have the money to do a more expensive renovation job like the ones in Newcastle for decades if lucky.

On saying that, they are a mess and a plan should be in place to knock the mills at least and replace it with a cheap pleasant walk area and docking for a ship/cruise or 2.

Advertisement