Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eaterie in Georges Street Arcade

Options
  • 12-09-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Just past through the arcade and noticed that "Goodness" is gone. A new sausage bar called Worscht is moving in. Might be interesting.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Anywhere that doesnt sell non-food like Crepes and Wraps and Pannnis is okay by me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Just to let you know, honest to goodness have moved around the corner to a bigger place on dame court, just beside Odessa (in case you're a fan like me!)

Interesting to see what that new place will be like, I love a good sausage sambo but I remember jobanger didn't last too long on Baggot st when they tried to branch out from burgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

A sausage bar sounds really exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Oooo I hope they do currywurst!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Kablamo! wrote: »
    Oooo I hope they do currywurst!

Little Green near Christ Church did an amazing currywurst - sadly it is no more. If this place has currywurst then i must check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Looking forward to trying it out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Update. Worscht, what is called is open. Had a good curry sausage today. Nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

A gluten free gourmet sausage on the menu, gets a good review on their FB page.
    I'm there.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

I like currywurst as much as the next guy but I wish there were more openings of healthier places to grab lunch? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Are they expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hootanany wrote: »
    Are they expensive?

Unfortunately no prices on their menu on the website (a pet hate of mine :mad:)

http://www.worscht-world.com/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Are they expensive?

Yeah, kinda. I had a Thai red curry chicken sausage and it was 7.50. Mine was one of the pricier options but the others were about 6.50.

I think that's pricey enough. I've been told that they are gonna be reviewing their prices shortly, with a view to reducing the price.

I picked my sausage after having a taster sample. I liked the sample but didn't enjoy the full meal and left it half eaten.

In other news from the arcade: Pie Minister has opened in the arcade. I've eaten twice and enjoyed both. Steak and kidney with gravey and a chicken and mushroom pie with peas. Both very nice. I think it's about 5 quid a pie, not fully sure as I was given a reduction both times.

No seats though as it's run from the central stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

€7.50 for a sausage seems a bit steep do you get anything with it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

€7.50 for a sausage seems a bit steep do you get anything with it?

About 4 crisped porcini mushroom and 4 thick crisps on the side. Neither had much flavour or point tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Heartland

ScottSF wrote: »
    I like currywurst as much as the next guy but I wish there were more openings of healthier places to grab lunch? :)

Just started eating in a fab place in Merchants Arch, Temple Bar called Staple Foods. Savage salad in a box for €5. I've tried the Falafel and the Chicken, both really good. They've a pulled pork and a duck one that I'll probably work my way through soon. Highly recommended.

*I have nothing to do with the place, just to state that before anybody feels the need to ask

Advertisement