Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto Tank recommendations?

Options
  • 12-09-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good carto tank, and also good dual coil low resistance cartomizers to put into it?

I have Kanger ProTank, Kanger T3S and Innokin iClear30 clearomizers, but I find them all to be plastic tasting to varying degrees.

Currently, my favourite vape is with the SmokTech EGO Mega Dual Coil cartomizers.

I'm looking at the Smoktech 6.0ml Pyrex Glass Dual Coil Tank, and I see that the description says they "are made to be used with the new CE2 DC single punched cartomizers with no filler." What are these "fillerless" cartos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I'm using a KM Plano and Smok dual coil on top of a Vamo right now, no complaints here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I've been using the smok mega duel coil carto's for months,haven't used anything else since I started on them. I notice a punch on that link you provide Lucutus, are they supposed to be used with the mega carto's?
    you may notice I don't experiment much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

dubtom wrote: »
    I notice a punch on that link you provide Lucutus, are they supposed to be used with the mega carto's?
    you may notice I don't experiment much :o

The 'mega' ones have the flat rubber mouthpiece, so no, don't punch a hole in the side of them unless you like having e-juice on your fingers.

The punch is for making a hole in the standard size carts for when you have them in a tank, so that the juice from the tank can soak into the filler though the hole.

I only got a carto punch recently, up until then I had been using a rotary tool to put a vertical slit in the carts before they go into the tank, tbh, I prefer that, even though it's slightly more hassle, seems to work better.

I found the carto punch to sort of warp the tube of the carto, making it slightly difficult to use in the tank... maybe it just needs practise or something *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have been using the AGR tank, love it, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

[HTML]I have been using the AGR tank, love it, highly recommended[/HTML]
    What cartos do you use in the AGR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I've been using the AGR and the AGR 2 and the KM Plano and they're all good. The AGR (first version not the second) is the easiest one to use and as it's got a locking device on it you'll never have the carto tank slip off the carto and spill juice everywhere. The AGR2 is not as easy to fill however it does have a glass tank as the AGR has a plastic tank, but the plastic tank is threaded so makes it easy to unscrew the cap and top up the juice. The AGR2 being made of glass you can't just unscrew the top (as you can't make threading on glass like you can on plastic) so you can't top it up easily unless the tank is pretty much empty and you're near a sink or a work bench as you pretty much have to take the thing completely apart to fill it. The KM Plano is my next favourite tank, it's easily one of the better looking tanks (looks better than the AGR) but doesn't have the locking feature (however it's still solid as a rock so not really an issue) and it doesn't have the ability to easily screw the lid off and top up. You can slide the lid up off the carto and top up but it's just not as easy or quick, again it's not really an issue I'm just trying to be extremely picky here. So AGR or KM Plano would be my recommendations. Oh the AGR is heavier so if you're looking for something lighter I guess go with the KM Plano but then the AGR is cheaper and available locally :) Nothings ever fooking easy.

Advertisement