Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative broadband provider to UPC / Sky

• 12-09-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I have recently moved to Dublin 3 and unfortunately UPC Broadband is not available in my house. For some reason Broadband is available elsewhere on my road but not in my particular location..... very frustrating.

I would be interested in alternative options. Sky is not available either and reluctantly I could be faced with a return to Eircom.

Has anyone out there positive feedback on alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Sky use eircom lines so I don't see how you can get one but not the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eleechio24

Eircom have to reinstall the line....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

eleechio24 wrote: »
    Eircom have to reinstall the line....

Sky should be able to organise this for you. Other resellers can do it. Otherwise you end up in a year's contract with eircom

Sky said thay they can do that unfortunately.

I have exhausted all avenues with UPC and sky. At this stage I'm looking for the next best and dont know which company to turn to ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Sky said thay they can do that unfortunately.

I have exhausted all avenues with UPC and sky. At this stage I'm looking for the next best and dont know which company to turn to ????

Vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you borrow a UPC modem off somebody else and test it in your house(during peak time) then you can confirm it works or doesn't. Then you get a UPC account at another address and do a "self" install. I've had to do that for two apartments now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I would see if you can go with Vodafone, avoid Magnet like the plague.

Tried my UPC box here and didn't work . Looks like Vodafone could be an option. Cheers

Vodafone or Eircom - who are the better provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Vodafone or Eircom - who are the better provider?

Vodafone just rent the line off of Eircom, so it is much of a muchness, have not had any problems with Eircom and had them for years, on Vodafone now and so far no problems either. So whichever is cheaper, if you are on Vodafone already you will get a discount as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement