Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barna waste or green star

Options
  • 12-09-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Have to get a bin collection set up but don't know which is better, barna or green star. You have to pay an annual charge and then pay by the collection/kg with green star or I can pay per lift with barna. Can anyone give me some info on which is better?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Depends where you live. They only service their own allocated areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Both allow you to pay per lift. Around €10 each. Sellers for greenstar will give you a tag to attach to the bin. Barna will give you a bag to tie to the bin or tuck around the rubbish.

Account services are available with greenstar, not sure bout barna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Barna also do an a/c service called eBin. Top up online or at a paypoint.
    €12.00 for large wheelie bin (240 Litre) and €3.50 for same size recycleables

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

red sean wrote: »
    Barna also do an a/c service called eBin. Top up online or at a paypoint.
    €12.00 for large wheelie bin (240 Litre) and €3.50 for same size recycleables

I'm a customer myself and they charge €4.50 for lifting the (240 litre) recycling bin.

Ya CM, that was my mistake. Realised it when I checked my a/c after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

With the way some of these companies are going out of business you would be safer buying the bag every week.

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    With the way some of these companies are going out of business you would be safer buying the bag every week.
    They may be in examinership/receivership but are still in business.

Advertisement