Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Fibre

• 12-09-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, contract just up on smart next gen broadband package, rang up yday and have being told that i can upgrade to digiwebs new fibre package for 39.99 a month with first 2 months free. Up to 70mb and 350gb usage. Anyone got any expierence with digiwebs fibre service??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭matrat

Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

digiwebs fiber is just like all the other companys (vodafone, magnet and the likes) reselling eircoms efibre

if your close enough to your local cabinet your laughing tbh but why go with digiweb that resell the 100% exact same product that the other isp's do but with download restrictions? everyone else has unlimited packages ;)

im just over 1000m from mine and sync at 50174 Kbps / 20479 Kbps out of the advertised 70/20, my isp is magnet

2947548154.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

dazdrog wrote: »
    if your close enough to your local cabinet your laughing tbh but why go with digiweb that resell the 100% exact same product that the other isp's do but with download restrictions? everyone else has unlimited packages ;)

Dont all ISPs have fair usage policies around the 350-500 GB mark? Is there any truly unlimited?

Dont all ISPs have fair usage policies around the 350-500 GB mark? Is there any truly unlimited?

no. most are now truly unlimited. the days of claiming to be unlimited and having a fair usage policy are gone. only a few isp's still use this method and youd be mad to go with them

no. most are now truly unlimited. the days of claiming to be unlimited and having a fair usage policy are gone. only a few isp's still use this method and youd be mad to go with them

From Vodafone website
    "**Most Vodafone broadband packages come with unlimited usage, subject to a 300GB fair usage policy (FUP). The FUP exists simply to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice unusual usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB FUP. The FUP simply exists to protect customers and gives Vodafone a means to contact them to help out if we notice something unusual."

https://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/

• Advertisement

From Vodafone website
    "**Most Vodafone broadband packages come with unlimited usage, subject to a 300GB fair usage policy (FUP). The FUP exists simply to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice unusual usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB FUP. The FUP simply exists to protect customers and gives Vodafone a means to contact them to help out if we notice something unusual."

https://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/

i think you missed the SECOND word of my post that states MOST other isp's

why would you link me to vodafone t&c's?

find me upcs, or eircoms (on the UNLIMITED packages and make sure datas up to date and not years old) and i bet u wont find a FUP

i think you missed the SECOND word of my post that states MOST other isp's

why would you link me to vodafone t&c's?

find me upcs, or eircoms (on the UNLIMITED packages and make sure datas up to date and not years old) and i bet u wont find a FUP

The original question is about VDSL fibre so that's UPC out. Vodafone and Digiweb have a FUP. Magnet throttle users at peak hours. So that only leaves Eircom with a truly unlimited. Are there anymore ISP's reselling VDSL fibre? Out of 4 only 1 is truly unlimited right now.

My point is I dont see Digiweb any better or worse than other ISP's for Fibre now that they've dropped their price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

matrat wrote: »
    Hi, contract just up on smart next gen broadband package, rang up yday and have being told that i can upgrade to digiwebs new fibre package for 39.99 a month with first 2 months free. Up to 70mb and 350gb usage. Anyone got any expierence with digiwebs fibre service??

Digiweb Fibre Lite is 39.95 and only has 70GB Cap a month.

They are clearly telling porkies as Digiweb are the most expensive for VDSL (not Fibre) in Ireland.

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/fibre

In a nutshell they are a rip off

The original question is about VDSL fibre so that's UPC out. Vodafone and Digiweb have a FUP. Magnet throttle users at peak hours. So that only leaves Eircom with a truly unlimited. Are there anymore ISP's reselling VDSL fibre? Out of 4 only 1 is truly unlimited right now.

My point is I dont see Digiweb any better or worse than other ISP's for Fibre now that they've dropped their price.

im on magnet and i dont get throttled at all, u ring them and state the fact that they are breaking EU law by rate limiting some companys and not others and the limiting is lifted

ive hit over 1000gb usage in the last month (from the 21st aug)

my usage currently sits at 1000.958GB Down & 146.278GB Up

NO fair usage policy there

Digiweb Fibre Lite is 39.95 and only has 70GB Cap a month.

They are clearly telling porkies as Digiweb are the most expensive for VDSL (not Fibre) in Ireland.

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/fibre

In a nutshell they are a rip off

i left digiweb for magnet, they rang me tryin push me onto fiber and was doin a good job until they said pricing and that it was gonna basically cost me €80 a month with a 18month contract for the same unlimited service i could get elsewhere for €45 a month with no contract

• Advertisement

i left digiweb for magnet, they rang me tryin push me onto fiber and was doin a good job until they said pricing and that it was gonna basically cost me €80 a month with a 18month contract for the same unlimited service i could get elsewhere for €45 a month with no contract

Ya those prices are crazy, but they are changing. The price for 70MB is now €39.99. I was offered it about 3 weeks ago as a current customer. Can't get it yet as I'm still waiting for fibre in my estate. The sales guy I spoke with said the website prices will be changing shortly.

Ya those prices are crazy, but they are changing. The price for 70MB is now €39.99. I was offered it about 3 weeks ago as a current customer. Can't get it yet as I'm still waiting for fibre in my estate. The sales guy I spoke with said the website prices will be changing shortly.

yeah as it stands its 39.95 a month for a 70GB download limit 54.95 for a 200GB limit and near 80 for a unlimited package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Digiweb have lost the plot until there prices come down I am staying on my smart dsl package.

Magnet is good but I need the phone package which brings it up another 29.99 a month so pretty high for me.

Digiweb have lost the plot until there prices come down I am staying on my smart dsl package.

Magnet is good but I need the phone package which brings it up another 29.99 a month so pretty high for me.

They have come down. I'm on Smart DSL as well and was offered fibre for €39.99 for the *unlimited package. If you're in a Fibre area maybe go webchat with them and see what they say. I went on 3 weeks ago with the intention of complaining about the high prices only to be offered a lower price in line with other ISPs.

wrong, unlimited calls to landlines in ireland with magnet is 9.99 per month and unlimited calls to both mobiles and landlines in ireland is 19.99 per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Trevord

On the subject of digiweb's latest pricing and download cap, post 31 by yanogore in this thread is worth a read

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056955698&page=3

Advertisement