Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socks with grips

Options
  • 12-09-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

It is impossible to get crib shoes on my little one. She curls her toes up when I try any kind on and then she can't uncurl her toes so I summer we lived bare foot but now have socks in winter.

I have wooden floors and when she's on her belly her feet always sleep when she tries to move her legs or even in the jumperoo you can see she hasn't any grip!

Has anyone any recommendations form socks with grips on or them shoe sock things?

Also any suggestion where I can find thick socks (that stay on). Her ones are thin and if out worried her feet will get cold now the weather is starting to turn?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Nicky987 wrote: »
    It is impossible to get crib shoes on my little one. She curls her toes up when I try any kind on and then she can't uncurl her toes so I summer we lived bare foot but now have socks in winter.

I have wooden floors and when she's on her belly her feet always sleep when she tries to move her legs or even in the jumperoo you can see she hasn't any grip!

Has anyone any recommendations form socks with grips on or them shoe sock things?

Also any suggestion where I can find thick socks (that stay on). Her ones are thin and if out worried her feet will get cold now the weather is starting to turn?
    I got socks in Penneys with little rubber bits (spelling "Early Days") on the soles, our floors are all either tiled or wooden and he doesn't slip with them on. They are just like normal socks (they stay on well though).

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Thanks Ivy. I had them for her when she was a newborn and found they didn't stay on.mshes 7 month now so maybe they will stay on now (and they are a little thicker so great) will give them a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Same I had these for both kids from about 8 months on:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/260803710843?var=560170601335&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Perfect and never fall off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got loads of socks with grips in Heatons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

not sure where to get them in Ireland, but these are fantastic:

http://www.sterntaler.com/baby/engl/shop/Textilien/1260000/1400000/Krabbelstrumpfhose+Katze/?card=10812

(they have those rubery things on the knees as well, if your little one is crawling on slippery floors ;-))

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dimple_smile

H&M have loads of thick socks and slipper socks, I got wolly socks for our little man there as well they're great when we're out and about and don't want shoes on 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Lidl are doing tights next week with grips on the knees and feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

wow, they're pretty much exactly the same as in the link I posted but at 1/7 of the price!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

got the socks and tights in Lidl.
    Perfect, the tights are spot on with grips on feet and knees
    and the socks are lovely and thick with grips on sole, plus the nice colours and pictures mean she will LEAVE them on Thanks be to the baby jebus!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pennys have tights with grips atm for girls and boys.

Advertisement