Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy and download of MS Office

Options
  • 12-09-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi all My gf needs to work from home this weekend and wants me to get her a copy of MS office. I cant wait for a delivery so does anyone know where I could pay for and download a copy.

I have already installed open office but she is using MS in work and claims it doesn't keep the formatting etc.

Thanks in advance:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

murphk wrote: »
    Hi all My gf needs to work from home this weekend and wants me to get her a copy of MS office. I cant wait for a delivery so does anyone know where I could pay for and download a copy.

Thanks in advance:D

Microsoft is usually a good place to start :rolleyes:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/cat/ThemeID.30303100/categoryID.61511100?tduid=9b307a399b663a7c544f627db300c107

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

bumper234 wrote: »

Thanks didn't realise they had a store
    Any cheaper options out there special deals etc

Thanks didn't realise they had a store
    Any cheaper options out there special deals etc

www.google.com :rolleyes:

bumper234 wrote: »
    www.google.com :rolleyes:

didn't realise google sold MS office:rolleyes:

didn't realise google sold MS office:rolleyes:

And we are done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im always ware of 3rd party key sellers. buyer beware. be very ware

Im pretty sure you can also just buy 1 month of 365, if she just needs it for the weekend

You can also run the trial.

Frankly though Im happy with my 365 sub.

Overheal wrote: »
    im always ware of 3rd party key sellers. buyer beware. be very ware

Im pretty sure you can also just buy 1 month of 365, if she just needs it for the weekend

You can also run the trial.

Frankly though Im happy with my 365 sub.

Thanks 3rd party sellers sound dodgy alright didn't know about the one month sub
    will check it out sounds perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Some ideas:

If its only needed for the weekend, try Office 365. I think you can do a month's free trial.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/

LibreOffice is quite compatible with formatting for normal stuff. It can fall apart a bit with complex documents though.

Google docs is an option. Formats might be a problem here too.

Also IIRC Microsoft's Skydrive does slightly cut down versions of Words, excel, etc... with real MS formatted document compatibility. This should be free for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mossy2

I use Open Office at home and transfer MS Word and Excel over and back from the server at work all the time without any formatting problems.

I works very much like Office so there is no learning curve as such if you're already familiar with Office.

Having said that I prefer MS Office of the 2 but hey - it's free!

I've grown accustom to the Office layout and features. 2013 did add nice things. Office has built in functionality now for photo editing and PDF manipulation without external software. Sounds mundane, but its a balls having to open other programs and toss things back and forth. Word is a competitor to Acrobat now, basically. At least for simpler functions.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help ended up buying office 2013 for her.

i use open office myself but she doesnt want to hear the truth that its better:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks for all the help ended up buying office 2013 for her.

i use open office myself but she doesnt want to hear the truth that its better:pac:

And that you can actually save the open office file in a Microsoft Office format... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Some prefer to pay......

frankly I prefer Office to Open Office. It does simplify your life too especially in most career paths.

Advertisement