Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep Apnoea and CPAP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

tnegun wrote: »
    What sort of machine is 1500-2000? I rented for 4/5 months when I was first diagnosed in 2012 but then bought outright from the UK for 700-800 for a Philips Resmed System One with humidifier renting is a total con aimed at milking the medical card system as far as I'm concerned.

I asked the co renting me mine at the time to let me buy it at a discount as I'd already rented for several months I sent them the price I was paying in the UK and asked to match and they would have none of itso I sent it back and have been using ever since.

I'm also fortunate that I travel to the US a bit with work and buy my consumables when there. Its a completely different experience I changed masks and didn't like it and was able to return for a full refund and try another! Similiar happened when I started here on CPAP the nurse came from the rental company and mesured me and gave me a size too small I had to change within weeks and had to purchase a second mask with no entertaining of a refund on the first.

They're not nurses, they're just reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

It was a nurse that called to me, and was marketed as such but that might of changed in the 6 years. When I was cancelling my rental it was one of the reasons they tried to make me stay with that I would no longer have a nurse call to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Mine costs €86 p/m and can buy new for about a grand Sefam S.Box

Mine used to cost €89 per month and till I decided to move supplier for €65 per month. Existing supplier reduced it to €46.

What sort of machine have you got?

• Advertisement

FaganJr wrote: »
    Mine costs €86 p/m and can buy new for about a grand Sefam S.Box

Wow that looks realy nice! Looks aside how do you find it?

My supplier stocked earlier model, dreamstar, thought it was dated, so researched and found they were releasing this model late last year, so contacted them and asked for it ðŸ‘

Find it really good, phone connectivity is a must nowadays. Averaging 5.0 events of daily use over 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Goodness, I think I am paying 117 Euro per month. I will have to look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭Glebee

Goodness, I think I am paying 117 Euro per month. I will have to look into this.

same as me. Ive been meaning to ring my rental company and ask for a discounted rate or im switching to a new provider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Paying €94pm here, just got it 2 weeks ago. Its a Sefam S-box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Mine used to cost €89 per month and till I decided to move supplier for €65 per month. Existing supplier reduced it to €46.

I'm paying the €86 a mth today... wondering how I can get/find another supplier who will supply for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Hi,
    To those that are paying 80 euro approx a month (and less).
    Is that including humidifier, auto pressure adjustment, all the bells and whistles...
    Just wondering how much I am being ripped off...I pay 104 a month, with humidifier, auto pressure, etc etc.

Cheers

I was €110 per month 6 years ago before I bought mine online. That was for a CPAP with humidifier it wasn't an auto or have any nice features, just constant pressure and was awful! There were only 2 companies at the time who is there now in Ireland now?

edit: Just googled it and seems to be plenty of competition now https://www.sdsf.ie/cpap-suppliers-in-ireland/

Hi, To those that are paying 80 euro approx a month (and less). Is that including humidifier, auto pressure adjustment, all the bells and whistles... Just wondering how much I am being ripped off...I pay 104 a month, with humidifier, auto pressure, etc etc.

Yes, I have the latest Machine from Sefam called s.box, it has all the bells and whistles, humidifier, auto pressure, comfort +, heated pipe optional, auto start. App control from your phone with reports, history & settings etc. Bluetooth connectivity as standard. Optional WiFi so your practitioner can connect to machine and adjust as necessary, view reports etc.
    €86 pm
    Only extra is you have to pay for replacement masks, pipes etc.

FaganJr wrote: »
    Yes, I have the latest Machine from Sefam called s.box, it has all the bells and whistles, humidifier, auto pressure, comfort +, heated pipe optional, auto start. App control from your phone with reports, history & settings etc. Bluetooth connectivity as standard. Optional WiFi so your practitioner can connect to machine and adjust as necessary, view reports etc.
    €86 pm
    Only extra is you have to pay for replacement masks, pipes etc.

That could be the difference, mine is about 110, but I get replacement masks, pipes, etc

How often do you get them and have you priced them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Glebee wrote: »
    That could be the difference, mine is about 110, but I get replacement masks, pipes, etc

I was paying €96 pm. I got a new machine (rental) and they sneakily upped the rental to €110. I balked at that and got a refund and rental returned to €96. I'm given one free mask per year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

silverharp wrote: »
    does anyone find diet plays a part? mine cleared up after changing what I eat , I put a sleep tracking app on my phone recently and only have some low level light snoring, no chainsaw stuff.

Just wondering what changes did you make in your diet ?

tnegun wrote:

Once a year probably, they are half the price online. Will be doing that going forward. ðŸ‘

Only needed them once a year so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah can be got much cheaper online, advice is to change the whole mask every 6 months and the cushion every 3. I'm probably double that at least. That was when I really got wide to the old company they wouldn't sell me the cushion separately wanted me to replace every the mask every 3-6 months just to get a cushion at €100+ for no reason.

On masks what are you using? I just switched from the Respironics Mirage Quattro that I'd been using for 5/6 years to the Respironic Airfit F20 tried the Respironics ComfortGel Blue Full Face mask but couldn't get a good fit with it. Been using the Airfit F20 for a 3 weeks and am down from 3-4 AHI to 1-2 AHI so delighted with that for comparison untreated I'm 29.5.

Hmmm I priced the masks online and could not find them cheaper than my provider was supplying them... Mask is Airfit fullface.

Re the question about the machine, while mine has the humidifier and auto controls the airflow it hasn't got bluetooth or wifi connectivity and costs €86 a mth.

tnegun wrote:
    On masks what are you using? I just switched from the Respironics Mirage Quattro that I'd been using for 5/6 years to the Respironic Airfit F20 tried the Respironics ComfortGel Blue Full Face mask but couldn't get a good fit with it. Been using the Airfit F20 for a 3 weeks and am down from 3-4 AHI to 1-2 AHI so delighted with that for comparison untreated I'm 29.5.

ResMed Quattro Air full face mask. Best score to date is 3.0 , without treatment is 32. I'm happy with that

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hmmm I priced the masks online and could not find them cheaper than my provider was supplying them... Mask is Airfit fullface.

Re the question about the machine, while mine has the humidifier and auto controls the airflow it hasn't got bluetooth or wifi connectivity and costs €86 a mth.

How much are you paying for the mask? I just checked an its not as good as it was but some can be a gotten cheaper online also if you ever travel to the US its cheaper and if not even with customs(Use address pal for shipping) some can be as they have some promotions we don't get or dont get passed on. The US supplier I used allows for free returns if the mask isnt to your liking which is great if you want to try others but don't fancy dropping €100 plus every time.

How much are you paying for the mask? I just checked an its not as good as it was but some can be a gotten cheaper online also if you ever travel to the US its cheaper and if not even with customs(Use address pal for shipping) some can be as they have some promotions we don't get or dont get passed on. The US supplier I used allows for free returns if the mask isnt to your liking which is great if you want to try others but don't fancy dropping €100 plus every time.

I paid €105 for it. But the delivery wasn't just the cushion per se, it came complete with hard plastic mask.

I mean when they say "replacement cushion only" on the likes of amazon they are only talking about the rubberised bit right and do not include the hard plastic mask bit? (see it for £60 approx on amazon).

Is it possible to take the rubberised bit off and replace, I didn't think it was. See attached 1 = rubberised bit, 2 = hard plastic mask bit.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I paid €105 for it. But the delivery wasn't just the cushion per se, it came complete with hard plastic mask.

I mean when they say "replacement cushion only" on the likes of amazon they are only talking about the rubberised bit right and do not include the hard plastic mask bit? (see it for £60 approx on amazon).

Is it possible to take the rubberised bit off and replace, I didn't think it was. See attached 1 = rubberised bit, 2 = hard plastic mask bit.

It is possible. Its also really expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I'm paying 110 for the Airsense 10, but I'm not sweating the cost too much as my family already has about 100 euro of meds per month so I get the excess from the DPS (plus a tax break at the end of the year).

I was thinking of getting rid of it completely and using the airmini at home.. it's much easier to use and clean without the water tank and heated hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Anyone know any software you can download to read the sleep data from your machine. I'd like to be able to keep track of it myself rather than having to wait for a download from my provider. I use a Sefam Dreamstar Auto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Cool Thanks

Advertisement