Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email client - but just a viewer?

Options
  • 12-09-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

I'd like to merge all my email accounts into one programme, like in Windows Mail/Thunderbird/Outlook.

But I've always found annoying the mess with downloading emails to computer and then them disappearing off the server. I know these settings can be changed but I just want to view all my emails in the one place.

Any solutions? If sense can be made of that. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Most email clients support multiple accounts and not deleting mails from the server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Maybe MailStore is just what you're looking for (the Home edition is free for personal use).
    With MailStore Home you can backup all emails in a central archive, even if they are distributed across different computers, programs or mailboxes. You can do this either on your PC or on a USB drive as a "portable" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Torqay wrote: »
    Maybe MailStore is just what you're looking for (the Home edition is free for personal use).

It's not really, thanks anyway. I think I've asked for too much with this one.

pajor wrote: »
    It's not really, thanks anyway. I think I've asked for too much with this one.

Then I'm not entirely sure what exactly you're looking for... :confused:

I have about a dozen email accounts in Thunderbird and leave the messages on the servers (at least with those providers who supply space in abundance). I'm pretty sure the same can be done with Windows Mail or Outlook. If you want messages from all acounts in one folder, that can be arranged with a few simple message rules.

I don't want the messages to download from the server.

Neverrrr mind though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Not sure if I'm following you correctly but...

As said above, most clients will handle multiple accounts and also be set to leave the messages on the server. However any client will have to download a copy to be able to view it! Most can be set to download headers only and then the rest of the message on demand.

If you definitely don't want to download emails then your only solution really is to open a gmail account and then add all your other pop accounts to this. All your email accounts will be available in one place online and with the added bonus of being accessible from any PC/Device.

Apologies in advance if I'm still off the track!!!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

pajor wrote: »
    I don't want the messages to download from the server.

OK, then get a Gmail account and use Mail Fetcher. Voilá, ALL your emails in one webmail client.

Screw it.. I'll just use Thunderbird. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

You can migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook by using an MBOX to PST converter utility. To get detailed idea, read at:

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/cauvery_varma-1523515-stellar-mbox-pst-converter/

Regards:
    Jane

Advertisement